Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
katcetera
katcetera began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Ipod Touch
FB & Twitter Won't Work

The built in FB & Twitter apps have stopped working on my vox. When I click them I just get a blank screen that constantly refreshes but nothing loads. I've had my vox less than a week.

Please help!
katcetera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by katcetera View Post
The built in FB & Twitter apps have stopped working on my vox. When I click them I just get a blank screen that constantly refreshes but nothing loads. I've had my vox less than a week.

Please help!
Sounds like they are staying "stuck" as they're loading.
Did you try shutting down the Vox and then re-starting it? If that doesn't work, try then I would uninstall and go to the Play Store and re-install new versions of the apps from there?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
katcetera

Yes, I did restart and even shut down but to no avail. I also tried to force stop it but that didn't work either. I'm thinking it won't let me uninstall because they are preloaded apps, but I will look into it.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
the pre installed FB & Twitter are shortcuts to open the web pages of this services

try clearing the cache for the browser app, if this doesnt work you can try deleting the data for the browser app, but this will lose any settings/stored passwords you have on the internet
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
katcetera

That worked! Thanks Paul!
Advert