Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I am about to go over to the military mess hall for lunch . I am hoping that the salad looks fresh.
military mess halls normally do a damn fine job on salad bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I may have to fire up the BBQ.

I am craving some kind of burnt meat.
it is after 10 pm and someone is not only barbecuing, it smells like bacon has a large part in it, not complaining,,,, tummy is going YUMMMMMM!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 AM   #62
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
We had bbq brisket, ribs, pork loin, and jalapeno/cheese sausage today. If I would have had bacon for breakfast it would have been a perfect food day. My arteries are screaming now, but my tummy is happy.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:04 AM   #63
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Late night snack time. I fancy a single scoop of protein and a ripe banana.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #64
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I just sliced up some sea bream (tai,) tuna (maguro,) and yellow tail (hamachi) for sashimi too go along with some Vietnamese spring rolls! Should balance out the grease left over in my veins from the chorizo nachos last night!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #65
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
I'm currently craving for japanese food
Me too... daily!

Stitchawl
Old 08-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #66
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For some strange reason I crave pizza bagels every once in a while.

Someone want to go on a run?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #67
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just sliced up some sea bream (tai,) tuna (maguro,) and yellow tail (hamachi) for sashimi too go along with some Vietnamese spring rolls! Should balance out the grease left over in my veins from the chorizo nachos last night!

Stitchawl
we had spring rolls a couple nights ago. I made peanut dipping sauce
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #68
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowhappy View Post
we had spring rolls a couple nights ago. I made peanut dipping sauce
So good that we're going to make them again for lunch today! Instead of peanut sauce though, this time we're going to use a Thai chili chicken dipping sauce just some variety.

Vietnamese spring rolls make me think 'Vegetarian Healthfood Burrito!' although we often add some shrimp, crab, or chicken to them for some extra flavor. Certainly are quicker and easier to make than regular Chinese or Japanese spring rolls, and healthier too!

Stitchawl
Old 08-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #69
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Follow-up to the Vietnamese Spring rolls lunch...
My wife has a few friends over so we made a variety of dipping sauces for the spring rolls; peanut sauce, Thai sweet and spicy chili sauce, a mix of the chili sauce with Korean spicey bean paste called Cochijhan, and a lemony Japanese bottled dressing called 'Ponzu.'
The mixture of the Korean and Thai flavors seemed to carry the day. We had to mix up more of that! This was followed by the peanut sauce, which was just about finished, then the Thai chili sauce alone. The Ponzu was barely touched.

I ate so much I think I'm gonna have to take a nap...

Stitchawl
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #70
happy_terd
Banned

Craving crab legs at the moment.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #71
Stitchawl
Opsimath

We tried our hand at making a 'Thai Chili Fish' dinner last night. Saw a lovely Yellowtail Snapper swimming in a tank at the local supermarket, had it cleaned and de-scaled, and brought it home. Marinated for a few hours in a mix of crushed lemongrass, garlic, ginger, Thai Red curry paste, a couple of Thai peppers, sweet chili sauce, cilantro, a dash of Nam pla, and lime juice, then baked for 50 minutes in a hot air oven so the skin was nice a crispy.... We are DEFINITELY going to make this one again!!

Stitchawl
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #72
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
would a "hot air oven" just be a regular oven? or is it super spectacular?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #73
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We tried our hand at making a 'Thai Chili Fish' dinner last night. Saw a lovely Yellowtail Snapper swimming in a tank at the local supermarket, had it cleaned and de-scaled, and brought it home. Marinated for a few hours in a mix of crushed lemongrass, garlic, ginger, Thai Red curry paste, a couple of Thai peppers, sweet chili sauce, cilantro, a dash of Nam pla, and lime juice, then baked for 50 minutes in a hot air oven so the skin was nice a crispy....
That sounds soooo good. I would love a some adobong bangus -- milkfish marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic, then fried. The best part is that you can get it pre-marinated, so all you have to do is fry it up and serve it over rice with tomatoes and boiled eggs. Oh, and you can't be squeamish about eating the head. The cheeks of the fish really are the best part.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #74
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimak View Post
That sounds soooo good. I would love a some adobong bangus -- milkfish marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic, then fried. The best part is that you can get it pre-marinated, so all you have to do is fry it up and serve it over rice with tomatoes and boiled eggs. Oh, and you can't be squeamish about eating the head. The cheeks of the fish really are the best part.
You lost me at fish cheeks.... sorry.

I'm craving garlic potato salad, coldpack kosher dill pickles, baked beans, corn on the cob, and what else....brisket! Heaven on a plate.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 AM   #75
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
About 20 years ago a restaurant had Russian Oysters on the menu... Fresh oysters with vodka, topped with sour cream and chives... They were so nice, I've been asking for them ever since... No one knows about them, though...

But.... I can make them, because I asked the restaurant at the time, what they were/what was in them...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote