Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Foxydemon
Enthusiast
Foxydemon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PS2, Xbox 360, Sony, N64, PSP, DS light
Deleting books

How do I get rid of the books I don't want all out of my kindle without having to paid to get them? Please help
Foxydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

I really want to now. Is there an way to take them out of your kindle and save them on your email. How do you get them all out of your kindle? I want to make more space for more books
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

I don't have any books from the library so I don't need help with that. Can you get them out of the kindle or do you buy more space? I need help been working on this for amount 3 months. Can really use the help
Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Connect your kindle to the PC, it will show up as a removable drive.

You will find your books in the documents folder on the Kindle drive. You can cut and paste them onto your hard-drive if you need the books, or shift-delete them to make space.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Or, use the Kindle menu to delete them. It depends on which Kindle you have, but all have a menu item to delete books you no longer want to keep on the Kindle. On the touch, I believe it is with a long press, that the menu item comes up. On the K3, click left, and select "Remove From Device". I don't know about the new K4 (mini Kindle).
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

I can never see that on the kindle
There is an way to get them off the kindle but they stay on kinda. I want them off for I can make more space please do an step by step thing for me
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

I'm so confuse not understanding it
What is this Karma thing about too?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

Please pm me the step by step thing because I'm getting off now
Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Perhaps you should try reading the 'Kindle User's Guide' that came with your Kindle? It's explained in there and will be the correct information for whatever Kindle it is you own.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxydemon View Post
I'm so confuse not understanding it
What is this Karma thing about too?
How karma works -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10713
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I know this is not avdvisable but when deleting books that I obtained free from such sources as baencd.thefifthimpirium.com I depend on the server that I obtained the book from to maintain its library of books in the near future. For example I obtained a Eric Flint CD from the site some time ago and would have no qualms about deleting the files from my PC even though I have not read all of the books as yet, and with the number of books that came on that CD I will not call the CD closed for quite some time. I am relying on the fifthimperium to remain available as long as I need it. My experience has told me that most web servers that I see now will be available for the forseable future and if one goes away, as the Borders server did, I will be notified in advance so that I can get the files that I need from them before they close their doors. And even if they do not have an email distribution list, as the fifithimpirium does not have I will check on the existence of the site every few months to see if the site is still there or if they have any plans to close up shop. Those books that I have paid for typically remain on server that I think I can trust, amazon and baen, thus I have no qualms about deleting ebook from those two sources either. However I do check on them from time to time.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not a good idea to depend on ANY third party holding books for you. If you want to keep a book, the only sure-fire method is to store it yourself. I'd recommend using Calibre to store and maintain your e-book library. Wonderful program.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #13
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

The Guild doesn't help me without the deleting of books. I need help cleaning how to get rid of the items but still get them back for free if I want to reread them. Please help?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

I have try kindle support, I try to do it myself and more. I have no idea how to do it and out of idea's
Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
We are a very international community. By reading your posts i would say your main problem could be the language? Where do you come from? Maybe here will be someone who can explain it more easy to understand in your native language?

I think here are such a lot of different speaking peoples from all over the world that could really help.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote