Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #451
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Oh, forgot about that one.
It was just a stray thought.
Triggered by another post on the K4 which reminded me that my K4 and one of my other bits of equipment use the same address pair.

Note: Kubrick refused to re-flash that Wifi access point hub. (thank goodness)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #452
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Note: Kubrick refused to re-flash that Wifi access point hub. (thank goodness)

Spoiler:

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #453
prosty
prosty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Refering to my kindle 4 problem - it flashes just all fine. knc1 said there were some kindles without diagnostic mode sent to people. But from what you said even if there were - it shouldn't be a problem since you reflash it (you reflash the mode too?).

I wonder what's wrong with mine. It seems I'm gonna try to resend new one with amazon.
prosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #454
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosty View Post
I wonder what's wrong with mine. It seems I'm gonna try to resend new one with amazon.
Probably your best choice is to send it back home to Amazon.
Tell them it is "broke" - That is the best we can come up with here.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #455
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
Wish i had this tool when i had the whole ordeal w/ my old K3, curious is this properly restoring fully erased mmc K3's where 0x0 is corrupt/blank? (devid)
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #456
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
Wish i had this tool when i had the whole ordeal w/ my old K3, curious is this properly restoring fully erased mmc K3's where 0x0 is corrupt/blank? (devid)
Nope. There is some vital information on the mmc which is device-specific and can't be restored via Kubrick.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #457
jaguar556
jaguar556 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 touch
I tried to make a bootable USB flash drive several times with each version of the image. After booting from the USB drive writes, error loading file
send a link to a working image for torent please

Last edited by jaguar556; 06-23-2013 at 09:00 AM.
jaguar556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #458
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar556 View Post
I tried to make a bootable USB flash drive several times with each version of the image. After booting from the USB drive writes, error loading file
What machine are you trying to boot with the file?
(A Mac, a WhatIsIt, a ...)

What capacity USB flash drive, what images?

After creating the bootable USB flash drive, did you then add the Kubrick image of your choice?

Would probably be best if you gave us your step-by-step of "tried to make a bootable USB flash drive" procedure.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #459
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
send a link to a working image for torent please
The images posted/linked here **are** the working images.
Torrents are not sufficiently reliable for OS image transfers, we don't do that, too much added grief.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #460
jaguar556

system Windows 7 desktop computer

capacity USB flash drive - 2GB

i download:
Live USB Stick disk image; Live CD ISO image, to debrick K4 and KT devices;

I use Win32DiskImager for create USB live. Press "Write"

after start boot from USB I see Kubrik screen and after that i see black screen with message "cant start (some file)" and "kubrik@root:#"
Old 06-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #461
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
after start boot from USB I see Kubrik screen and after that i see black screen with message "cant start (some file)" and "kubrik@root:#"
Super!
Sounds good up until that point.

Could you please tell us the name of "some file".

PS: At the point your quote ends, you are running as the Linux Administrator ("root") in the command line interface.

Depending on which "some file" is, it may be possible to continue from that point.
"that point" being one typical of what happens when a LiveCD can not start some or part of the graphical display hardware.

This may take a few question/answer exchanges here - -
But on the good side - you'll get some Linux command line experience in the process.

OR
If you don't have time to help us find out why Kubrick can't run your hardware, just try using a different computer.

Last edited by knc1; 06-23-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #462
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Ooh, looks like I've missed some shiny new stuff while I was away...

Nice work everybody .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #463
jaguar556

Sorry, it`s my fold.
this I do not know how to read the instructions in 26 years old. Everything works fine.
Thank you all!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #464
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Hello. Please help me!
I am preparing the usb flash to downgrade and debrick my KT (now it has FW 5.3.2.1.), but I am not so expert, so I fear to make a mistake and destroy my Kindle.
1) I downloaded Kubrick-usb-base.img and I copied it in the usb key (using W32diskimager)
2) I downloaded LIVE CD ISO image
3) I opened in the usb flash the file kubrick-usb-base.img and I found 2 directories: one BOOT and another one EFI (with the subdirectory BOOT)
3) Have I to insert BOOT.ISO in this last directory (EFI, subdir BOOT) or in the single BOOT directory? I use Windows 7 32 bit
4) then I reboot the laptop with F12 or F8 and choosing the boot from usb and I follow the instructions.
is it correct? Please assure me about number 3:
Thanks. Sorry for my bad English
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #465
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterry View Post
Hello. Please help me!
I am preparing the usb flash to downgrade and debrick my KT (now it has FW 5.3.2.1.), but I am not so expert, so I fear to make a mistake and destroy my Kindle.
1) I downloaded Kubrick-usb-base.img and I copied it in the usb key (using W32diskimager)
2) I downloaded LIVE CD ISO image
3) I opened in the usb flash the file kubrick-usb-base.img and I found 2 directories: one BOOT and another one EFI (with the subdirectory BOOT)
3) Have I to insert BOOT.ISO in this last directory (EFI, subdir BOOT) or in the single BOOT directory? I use Windows 7 32 bit
4) then I reboot the laptop with F12 or F8 and choosing the boot from usb and I follow the instructions.
is it correct? Please assure me about number 3:
Thanks. Sorry for my bad English
Yes, in the green one. The full file path will be efi/boot/boot.iso (or, for instance, F:\efi\boot\boot.iso if you speak Windows - the F: is just an example, substitute with the drive letter of the USB drive).

PS: If your 5.3.2.1 FW is working and you only want to jailbreak it, you don't necessarily have to downgrade. Just carefully read the instructions Kubrick gives you, and choose to jailbreak without overwriting the firmware.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-26-2013 at 08:37 AM.