Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #16
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaede View Post
Who can't find the time to read? I'll snatch moments in anyplace I'm at: grocery store, doctor's office, my own office, bathroom. No place is not without a chance for a few paragraphs.
you know i actually went out to eat by myself yesterday just to have alone time to read? Then i went to the grocery store and read while i shopped. I am becoming this person. I will steal moments to read. I even played a game on my K3 while waiting for dinner tonight!

My title says im becoming addicted, i think im there. Im beyond there. Theres no turning back now.
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #17
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
I was just so fond of my first Sony I decided that polyamoury would be better than abandoning it. So I am now in a ménage à trois with my two liseuses. So far I've not been tempted to wander again...:-)
Polyamory is the only way to go, those dudes love it when they can ravage me the way they intended, the small but ohh soo vibrant PRS-350, the giant Kindle that never forgets a move, and the gentle but powerful PRS-T1. They know that the minute there is something more powerful, thrustworthy with longer battery life they will be relegated to a drawer in the nightstand. Only to be brought out when mama wants some diversion. Femdom keeps them smooth and ready.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
SOLAR FLARE??!!! *crawls in a dark cave together with 4 ereaders and ipad*

I'm even worse. I bought second Opus just because I didn't like the color of the first one. But... but they are both charged, both have nice skins and covers so... I keep Kindle away from them, they are too small for his company. And the 4th one, my first, totally unloved, abandoned, in a box, stashed somewhere in the house I don't even know where.

(ereader is a he. HE!)
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
And the 4th one, my first, totally unloved, abandoned, in a box, stashed somewhere in the house I don't even know where.
It knows where you are, though. Can't quite think of a male version of Miss Havisham, but I bet it's plotting revenge!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #20
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
It knows where you are, though. Can't quite think of a male version of Miss Havisham, but I bet it's plotting revenge!
eek! Come to think of it, it is serving a sentence for acting up on many levels. I had it replaced FOUR times and even thinking of it makes me sick. I won't touch it with a stick. I wanted to sell it as it is on warranty but no luck.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #21
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
eek! Come to think of it, it is serving a sentence for acting up on many levels. I had it replaced FOUR times and even thinking of it makes me sick. I won't touch it with a stick. I wanted to sell it as it is on warranty but no luck.
Four times??? Not so much Miss Havisham then, as Pulse or The Ring. You could give it away - to someone you don't like, obviously!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Jaede
Enthusiast
Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Four times??? Not so much Miss Havisham then, as Pulse or The Ring. You could give it away - to someone you don't like, obviously!
Whom so ever accepts the Reader has seven days to finish a thousand-page book lest ye be set upon with grave misfortune, and inconvenient rashes. Muay ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!!!!
Jaede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #23
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Quote:
That thought HAS crossed my mind indeed. Problem is I don't feel like giving someone I do not like something which cost me 200 €...
I will still try to sell it... that's what can happen if you're an early adopter and do not know MR at the time of purchase (sigh)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #24
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I only have one a Sony PRS 505, and I love it. It have worked flawlessly for the last 2 years. Yes, it has it quirks, but I love it. Despite the fact that I love it, I must admit that I am tempted every time a new device is announced. But, I need a backup. I realise that, since I had a scare a couple of weeks ago. After the scare, the battery life is worse, and it drains faster . So I'll probably buy a PRS 350 or T1 sometime this year.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
clcartier
Story Enthusiast
clcartier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've been pretty happily in a relationship with my Kindle 3G. I designed him a cover with all the right pockets, bought a new purse to tote him around in comfortably. He really likes it, because he keeps giving me good reads...and then I saw the Kindle Touch, and I wonder how it would feel to just touch the screen. Please don't tell my 3G I posted this!

Last edited by clcartier; 02-17-2012 at 01:16 AM.
clcartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote removed by request.

Last edited by RDaneel54; 02-17-2012 at 06:27 AM. Reason: requested
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Yet, in your heart you know that if you start touching you'll become a touchian. Might as well embrace the truth.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Yet, in your heart you know that if you start touching you'll become a touchian. Might as well embrace the truth.
first learn which buttons to press
Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #29
MichelleR
Just Me.
MichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaede View Post
Who can't find the time to read? I'll snatch moments in anyplace I'm at: grocery store, doctor's office, my own office, bathroom. No place is not without a chance for a few paragraphs.
My job involves reading, writing, and communicating with people, and so my husband always makes the assumption that I'm working -- even when I'm goofing off. It's sort of brilliant. If I have my Kindle or laptop in front of my face, if he hears typing, he assumes I'm being productive.

He wouldn't care if he knew I was just slacking off -- but he is just less likely to interrupt me this way.

We both love taking our Kindles to breakfast and reading as we dine, with the silence only being punctuated by one of us sharing an interesting tidbit, or reacting to the shocking development in whatever we're reading.

Bathroom doesn't work, I'm never in their long enough. But I do read in the bathtub. (There's a difference.)

"No time to read" tends to mean that reading is down on the priority list -- there's some other activity or activities they value more, and so this one falls by the wayside.
MichelleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #30
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I've tried my Dad's Kindle. He loves it, but it's just not for me.

On the other hand, we lost our power (heck, we lost our powerlines!) for a week after the surprise Halloween snowstorm we had a few months ago, and it was great being able to pop a new set of AAs into the JBL, flip open a drug store book-lite, and keep reading. No need to search for some way to charge up a USB device!

So, yeah, if we're lucky we find readers with quirks that match ours!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote