Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Bellem, Robert Leslie: Monster's Malice. v1, 23 Sept 2008

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/book/28057/Monster_s_Malice

I woke up this morning and I had Dan Turner on my mind! What can I say? It was a Dan Turner kind of day.

This short story is by Robert Leslie Bellem, the creator of one of the craziest private eyes you'll ever meet. Robert Leslie Bellem was either a genius of the English language, or else one of the most inept writers you'll ever find. I tend to think of him as a genius.

Dan Turner is one of the wackiest private eyes in pulpdom. He speaks his own lingo. Here are two examples:

"I catapulted across the carpet, wrenched the door open. A red-haired quail surged over the threshold at me; a double barrelled knockout in a sea green silk frock that adhered to her like a coating of emerald lacquer."

"I felt my haircut standing on end like a fright wig; managed to locate my voice and tell him yes, I was Dan Turner. Whereupon he doubled his hairy right duke, aimed a terrific haymaker full at my button."

No one else writes like this or can even come close to this kind of frenzied writing.

If you like this short story, I've assembled a collection of other tales by Robert Leslie Bellem, right here on MobileRead.

I hope you like it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote