Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Youth fiction active Pulse: The Hunger Games

I was told that Pulse was active for youth fiction and it certainly seems true for the Hunger Games. Cheap deal on right now too with HungerGamesDeal code with or without 1, 2, 3 after it. Lots of comments.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I purchased the Hunger Games Trilogy a couple of months back during a coupon promotion Kobo had on. I had a 35% off coupon and ended up getting the entire trilogy for about $12. I just stated reading the first book recently and although pulse does seem to be active for the book I find that some of the comments for the whole book are old, the most recent being a month ago. I figured given the movie is just out there would be more recent commentary. That being said, on times the page comments are recent.

I do have spoilers turned off so perhaps I'm just not seeing all of the comments, or many of the comments contain spoilers. I'm still a little new to using pulse so perhaps I just don't fully understand how it works. Either way pulse does seem active for this book.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Unless you have spoilers turned on it won't show comments written by people further in the book than you. There are more recent comments. Are they useful? Not terribly and to be honest I don't miss Pulse much when usually reading on my Playbook which doesn't have Pulse in its Kobo app. I wish there was discussion like we get in the book club forum here on mobileread.com but that seems unlikely.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Good to know thanks. I have not yet read another book using pulse but perhaps there is some more in depth book discussion in books aimed at a different age group? Although it would be neat if there was a book club aspect of pulse, perhaps another tab or something with discussion questions/responses. Perhaps in the future!
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
hpulley
Addict

I find there is very little discussion in anything I am reading unfortunately
Advert