Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Calibre and New Sony Readers

Hello All,

Is it possible to manage content on the new Sony Readers (specifically, the new PRS-350) exclusively with Calibre?

If I have Calibre, do I need Sony Reader Library for anything other than to buy books from Sony?

Thank you,

- Jane
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You can use Calibre on the 350 with no problems that I can see.
I only use the reader software as a viewer.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane12 View Post
If I have Calibre, do I need Sony Reader Library for anything other than to buy books from Sony?
I think you need it to "register" to your account but after, only to buy books from sony. If you are not going to get your books from Sony then forget that POS software that Sony uses and use Calibre
I have used it since I got my for reader (Sony 505) and still use with with my Kindles
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Hello All,

Is it possible to manage content on the new Sony Readers (specifically, the new PRS-350) exclusively with Calibre?

Thank you,

- Jane
Yes. No.

I've not even looked at the Sony software as I'm not allowed to buy from them anyway. I use Calibre exclusively for my Sony. I only use ADE to download DRM'd infested books, and then, after removing the infestation, I add it to my Calibre library.

(ok, only ever downloaded one DRM epub so far, but still!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Thanks! This is very helpful!

Last edited by Jane12; 11-02-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
mikelvdb
Enthusiast
mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3, cybook opus, sony prs-350, sony prs-t1
Quote:
Hello All,

Thank you,

- Jane
On the PRS350 selection can be made by author, by date, by last read, by book name and by file name, with an index on the rigth margin.

The reader exploits the meta information in the epub file (in the opf file). You can edit this information if necessary (I made some tests with Sigil).
If the epub file is well formatted you don't have to do anything and you can move the epub file on the device with your favorite explorer (windows, linux, mac...).

In short: with epub files correctly formatted you can move the files to the reader and access the books very easily, without any software from Sony (you don't need Calibre either) and without collections.
mikelvdb is offline   Reply With Quote