Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Firefox 15.0.1 on Windows 7. No stars
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Well, they're back, since yesterday, only a little different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xirne.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	92615  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-19-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Changed oversized graphic to a thumbnail attachment.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hmmm...
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I don't know if it's related, but I notice that on your screen next to "Rating:" there is a 2. Did you rate the thread? I didn't and for me "Rating:" is followed by 5 stars just waiting for me to rate.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I don't know if it's related, but I notice that on your screen next to "Rating:" there is a 2. Did you rate the thread? I didn't and for me "Rating:" is followed by 5 stars just waiting for me to rate.
If you mean the little red character in the last graphic that looks like a "2", no I didn't do that.

Anyway, now the stars are gone since this morning and I also saw 5 stars in the rating box, just like you. The rows of stars in the last graphic I posted weren't that intrusive anyway and I wasn't going to worry about them anymore.

If I'm not back here in the next week, it's because the phenomenon has not recurred.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
If you mean the little red character in the last graphic that looks like a "2", no I didn't do that.
It's not just the fact that the little character looks like a 2. The stars that you were seeing were two light colored followed by three dark colored, just like it would be if there would be a rating of 2, just appearing over and over.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #22
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
From your screenshot it appears (in your browser's toolbar) as if you've quite a few extensions installed. If this is the case, could you temporarily disable them and see if the problem disappears? Perhaps start with one that you only recently installed or updated, since you haven't had the problem before.

Alternative, what I always do first if I am seeing strange things on the browser screen is to refresh the browser's cache. In Firefox, you can do this with Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #23
oldyellr
Evangelist

Thanks, Alex. However, all those stars are now gone from what I can see. I suspect it's something to do with this board. Anyway, it didn't disable my browsing here, so I won't worry about it.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Thanks, Alex. However, all those stars are now gone from what I can see. I suspect it's something to do with this board. Anyway, it didn't disable my browsing here, so I won't worry about it.
I am glad the issue is solved.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote