Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #46
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
I have downloaded K4PC three times in the last two days and still nothing will work after it "appeared" to crash two days ago

What gives?
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
I have downloaded K4PC three times in the last two days and still nothing will work after it "appeared" to crash two days ago

What gives?
What happens when you try to run the new version?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #48
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
For my part, the new version of K4PC crashes shortly after I open it. I have 1.5.0 loaded and it's working. However, I have high confidence that it won't reopen once it's been closed. It's been open since Sunday.

My machine isn't particularly old...I purchased it less than three years ago. I imagine I'll have to find a different machine to use with K4PC.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
Quote:
Nothing!!

The icon sits on the desktop, I click on it, I might as well fly to the moon.............
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Forgive the question, but have you tried uninstalling the old version and installing the new?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #51
cjohns
cjohns began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I'm having the same problem as Zippity it just sits there and does nothing,have downloaded it twice and uninstalled old version,didn't noticed until i just bought some more books.
cjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohns View Post
I'm having the same problem as Zippity it just sits there and does nothing,have downloaded it twice and uninstalled old version,didn't noticed until i just bought some more books.
You say you've downloaded it, but have you installed it?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #53
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Nothing!!

The icon sits on the desktop, I click on it, I might as well fly to the moon.............
I went through the same thing last night. I had K4PC v 1.4, when I clicked on the icon nothing happened. I went on to Amazons site and downloaded and installed the new version without uninstalling the old and it worked. My tools didn't work, but after uninstalling the plugins and reinstalling it worked fine as well.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #54
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I went through the same thing last night. I had K4PC v 1.4, when I clicked on the icon nothing happened. I went on to Amazons site and downloaded and installed the new version without uninstalling the old and it worked. My tools didn't work, but after uninstalling the plugins and reinstalling it worked fine as well.
Version I have is 1.10.1 (40262) it appears to work ok. Downloaded it from Amazon UK. Didn't uninstall the old version.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #55
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Did the same version of the tools work, or did you have to get updated tools?

ETA: I have to say, I'm actually glad I installed this new version. The old one I had was really annoying. It took a long time to start and load the thumbnails, and then it seem like every minute or two it went through the long drawn-out process of reloading the thumbnails again. So if I was trying to add archived books to different collections, it would keep interrupting me, and then when it finally finished reloading the thumbnails, it would be back at the top of the screen again and I would have to try to figure out where I was. That's not easy when you have thousands of archived books.

As far as I can tell, this version doesn't really do that at all.

Last edited by blue_skies; 07-26-2012 at 09:48 PM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #56
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
ETA: I have to say, I'm actually glad I installed this new version. The old one I had was really annoying. It took a long time to start and load the thumbnails, and then it seem like every minute or two it went through the long drawn-out process of reloading the thumbnails again. So if I was trying to add archived books to different collections, it would keep interrupting me, and then when it finally finished reloading the thumbnails, it would be back at the top of the screen again and I would have to try to figure out where I was. That's not easy when you have thousands of archived books.
I know what you mean! Fortunately, they corrected that behavior a few versions ago. I also have a large ebook library, and it was extremely annoying when the program would reload/refresh when I was adding new books to collections. K4PC still takes far too long to load, but I can live with it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #57
skyblue23
Enthusiast
skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.skyblue23 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Nothing!!

I was having a similar problem. I would double click on the icon and it would say initializing, then I'd get a Windows error message and the program would close.

I was on the phone with Amazon CS for about half an hour uninstalling and re-installing the program, but that didn't fix the problem. I was able to get the program to open a few times. But when I tried to register, I'd get that same Windows error message.

I ended up moving most of the files in the My Kindle Content to a new folder and was finally able to get Kindle4PC to work. My books now show up as archived, but at least I can use the program again.
skyblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #58
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
You say you've downloaded it, but have you installed it?
Been busy and haven't had a chance to answer before, but yes, I did indeed install it. I just checked, and my version is the same as eskimo49 - 1.10.1 (40262). For what it's worth the book is called "Gods of Asgard: A graphic novel interpretation of the Norse myths" by Erik Evensen. I can send the book to my cloud reader and my tablet, but not to Kindle4PC.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #59
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Been busy and haven't had a chance to answer before, but yes, I did indeed install it. I just checked, and my version is the same as eskimo49 - 1.10.1 (40262). For what it's worth the book is called "Gods of Asgard: A graphic novel interpretation of the Norse myths" by Erik Evensen. I can send the book to my cloud reader and my tablet, but not to Kindle4PC.
Is it that Kindle for PC won't start for you at all, or that you can't send this particular book to Kindle for PC? There are some types of books with "enhanced content" that will only work on certain devices.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #60
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
For what it's worth the book is called "Gods of Asgard: A graphic novel interpretation of the Norse myths" by Erik Evensen. I can send the book to my cloud reader and my tablet, but not to Kindle4PC.
On Amazon's product page for that book it states that it is only available for Kindle Fire, Kindle Cloud Reader, Kindle for iPad, and Kindle for Android.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote