Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
S.Raven
S.Raven began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Ubuntu Column management

Hi!

I'm new to calibre (and linux).
In the more 'indepth' tutorial video there is described how to hide and arrange your columns.

I use the Ubuntu / Linux version and I can only hide columns in the Preferences menue not in real time in the normal window (the right klick just doesn't work)

And the most importand part:
I can't arrange my columns as I like. Because I can't drag them like in the video.

If I try to drag, I just aktivate always the 'sort up or down' in the column where I want to drag the other column.

Does this just not exist under linux?
Or do you know of a special way to handle this problem even if it is more complicated? I can't even find an option to arrange them as I like in Preferences (exept for the hideing)

Thanks for your help and time,

S.Raven
S.Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, S.Raven

When your problem is sorted, come along and introduce yourself.....feel free to use the link below.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Raven View Post
Does this just not exist under linux?
Or do you know of a special way to handle this problem even if it is more complicated? I can't even find an option to arrange them as I like in
What version of Calibre are you using?
Installed from packages or the newest and greatest from here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
Just copy and paste the command line to the terminal.

I am using Calibre under Mint Linux 9.0 - Isadora that is based on Ubuntu 10.4 and everything works very well. Draging columns, animated covers browser, drag & drop of files from file manager to various parts of GUI, automatic download of covers. Everything.

What version of Ubuntu are you using?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're using an older calibre version.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Or do you know of a special way to handle this problem even if it is more complicated? I can't even find an option to arrange them as I like in Preferences (exept for the hideing)
As has already been pointed out you need to upgrade. Uninstall your current version then follow the directions here to do a binary install of the current version.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
S.Raven
S.Raven began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
It Worked!

Thanks!

But I didn't deinstall my old one because I didn't want to loose everything I had konfiguered jet. And it looks like it just uses the konfigurations of my old calibre.
So I wont be able to deinstall it but thats not that importand...

Thanks for your fast help!
And I'm still a bit skared of that terminal ^^
S.Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
It Worked!

Thanks!

But I didn't deinstall my old one because I didn't want to loose everything I had konfiguered jet. And it looks like it just uses the konfigurations of my old calibre.
So I wont be able to deinstall it but thats not that importand...

Thanks for your fast help!
And I'm still a bit skared of that terminal ^^
The configuration is saved independently of the installation. When you uninstall calibre with Ubuntu it will not remove your settings.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, linux