Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you pre-ordered the Kindle Fire?
Already clicked that green button. Hurry up Amazon. 28 22.22%
Definitely will pre-order, just waiting until: home from work/payday/spouse approval etc 5 3.97%
Neither 93 73.81%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
I'm waiting to see user reviews before I order. Maybe after Christmas.
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #32
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Im not surprised it lacks an sd card slot, but I'd think they would have a bit more than 8gigs of internal to prevent it being an issue. 16 would have been fine, and I cant imagine it costing them much more. Personally, 8 gigs is likely fine for me. When I had an android phone for a while, I never even broke 2 gigs. The apps didnt take up much space and I didnt load music/video.

I really wanted a camera though, for video chat. bleh.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #33
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Im not surprised it lacks an sd card slot, but I'd think they would have a bit more than 8gigs of internal to prevent it being an issue. 16 would have been fine, and I cant imagine it costing them much more. Personally, 8 gigs is likely fine for me. When I had an android phone for a while, I never even broke 2 gigs. The apps didnt take up much space and I didnt load music/video.

I really wanted a camera though, for video chat. bleh.
They're pushing their cloud service, plus they figure you'll be streaming quite a bit.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:42 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Well, its 8GB plus 5GB in the cloud. And $20 per year gets you 20Gs more. If you look at it that way, its not so bad. Of course, if you spend a lot of time in the wildnerness or on the high seas, that might not be so good.
Or, I could buy 16GB for that same amount once...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote