Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
woodygirl
woodygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Problem with search???

I don't know what happened but it's driving me nuts! Since my last update, when I try to search for a book by any means(author, title, series, tags) it doesn't given me results with just that info, like I used to. I used to just type in, for example, "John Smith", and all of the books with that exact match would come up at the top of the list and then at the bottom there would be a few books that had the same partial name, but it was still a very edited and easy list of results to navigate for the book I was looking for. Now, even if I choose the authors name from the drop down catagory on the left, it gives me hundred of results...most not even close to that author's name. So search is pretty much useless. Is this a bug or just me? If it's just me suddenly, how do I fix it?
Thank you!!!
woodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that you have clicked on the small button between the "Clear Search" button and the saved searches box, changing search to show the results 'highlighted'. If you see a button there with 3 blue horizontal bars, then search will show you all the books in the library with matching results highlighted. Click on the button and it will change to have a red diagonal bar, which will make search show you only the matching items.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
woodygirl
woodygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Yes!!! That was it! Thank you for the help and the easy fix!!! Much appreciated!
woodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote