Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Having serious prob, when I open a book then go to home page

When I open a book and then go to the home page, it puts the book at the last page instead of on the front page. I have Most Recent selected, and yet it still puts the book on the last page instead of the home page.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Nevermind, I just restored the kindle to factory defaults and then readded all my books ant its back to normal now.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Nevermind, I just restored the kindle to factory defaults and then readded all my books ant its back to normal now.
Heh, heh, just like Windows. Anything goes wrong, might as well reboot.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
I experienced the same problem recently after I imported a couple of MS Word docs via USB. (The Kindle 2 Cookbook says the K2 can read the .doc format.) After deleting the docs, which I couldn't read anyway, I then reset my K2 by holding the on/off switch until the screen went blank, then holding it again until the screensaver reappeared. It worked for me, and I didn't have to go through the hassle of re-loading my library.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
Lemming
Lemming began at the beginning.

Device: Various
I have the same problem, unfortunately resetting the Kindle hasn't helped. I thought that re-copying my library would work since it seems to be a problem with the timestamps, but I'm travelling so I haven't been able to try it yet.

Cheers,
Colin
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I'm seeing the same behaviour as Colin. The books I'm currently reading always appear on the last page, despite having the sort order set to Most Recent First. Rebooting didn't change anything. In fact, the sort order doesn't appear to be in any way related to the order in which I added the books or read them. It's all over the place.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Dlewczyk
Dlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with othersDlewczyk plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
This happens to me on my Kindle 1 when I reboot with Whispernet turned off. I think the Kindle reverts back to a preset time which is earlier than the books in your library. When you go to Home, the time stamp on the book your are reading is earlier than the other books in your library, so it is put last in the listing. Try rebooting with the wireless turned on. This will cause the Kindle to set its clock, and everything will be back to normal.
Dlewczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Unfortunately, I can't reboot with wireless turned on, because I am outside Whispernet.

To be honest, it's not that big a problem. Just another minor irritation.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #9
Lemming
Lemming began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewczyk View Post
This happens to me on my Kindle 1 when I reboot with Whispernet turned off. I think the Kindle reverts back to a preset time which is earlier than the books in your library. When you go to Home, the time stamp on the book your are reading is earlier than the other books in your library, so it is put last in the listing. Try rebooting with the wireless turned on. This will cause the Kindle to set its clock, and everything will be back to normal.
This would actually explain my problem - my Kindle locked up while I was on a flight, and I had to reset it. Since then I've been travelling and can't turn whispernet on. I actually don't get it where I live either, so this might turn out to be an annoying problem for me. Having to page through 9 pages just to get to the last thing I was doing is really a pain. As if the Kindle's navigation didn't suck enough already...

Cheers,
Colin
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
splashd
splashd began at the beginning.

Device: fbreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewczyk View Post
Yep--that was my problem, too. I had the same "mysterious disappearing book" issue, wherein all the books I would open would move to the back of my list. Turned on whispernet, rebooted, and, by accessing them, it reset their access time to most recent and moved them back to the front. WHEW!
splashd is offline   Reply With Quote