Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
When the Fat Lady Sings - A Timed Thriller

So here's the thing, 5 days to write a thriller as suggested by Slite in another thread. 55,00 words (about the same length as a Spenser novel).

He gave me the title "When the Fat Lady Sings". And here's what I came up with.

Quote:
When a famous Opera singer is found dead on the steps of the Sydney Opera house, private security consultant Lance Fisher is brought in to discover the killer. But can he uncover a killer with an international cadre of jewel thieves hot on his trail and a feisty Australian policewoman hounding him at every turn?

I'll be posting chapter by chapter in this thread over the next 5 days (short chapters and quick to read).

When the Fat Lady Sings chp 1 (1,500 words)

Last edited by Moejoe; 09-14-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yay !! thanks moejoe ! can't wait to read it. although... perhaps i *should* wait, until all the chapters are done... we'll see. i downloaded it, anyway.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Chp 2 (1,731 words)
Old 09-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

impressive !!! this is moving right along, isn't it ?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
impressive !!! this is moving right along, isn't it ?
Cracking along a good pace. I'm nearly at the end of Chapter 3, so I'm bang on target for 55,000 words in 5 days
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

wow. i'm rather in awe. nice going !
Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow. i'm rather in awe. nice going !
Don't be in awe, this is just fluff, it's easy to write, and quite a lot of fun too
Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

if you say so.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Wow, Moejoe, what an incredible challenge (but, of course, we know you can do it).

soooo much for providing us with such an incredible variety of stories to read.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Chp 3 (1,861 words)
Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Wow, Moejoe, what an incredible challenge (but, of course, we know you can do it).

soooo much for providing us with such an incredible variety of stories to read.
I'm actually really enjoying this character, despite this just being an exercise in doing something light and fluffy very quickly. I'm growing to really like Lance Fisher
Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm actually really enjoying this character, despite this just being an exercise in doing something light and fluffy very quickly. I'm growing to really like Lance Fisher
well that's good news. (i can't believe you're already up to 3 chapters in one day !!!)
Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Moejoe. The way you are writing, the rest of the story will probably be done by the time I get home from work tonight.

Private security consultant Lance Fisher sounds like a character that could have his own series of books.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Private security consultant Lance Fisher sounds like a character that could have his own series of books.
now there's an idea !!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Moejoe, I'm struggling to read this as fast as you're writing it!

Please, please tell me that you'll be pulling it all together into one file when you've finished so that we can get a convenient download?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote