Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Price Reduction at Sony Store to $129

I just received an email from Sony

Enjoy your favorite titles from Reader™
Store without annoying ads on
Reader™ Wi-Fi® and save $20.

It then gives this link which shows the price still at $149.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...876:S6L1READER

I just went to Amazon and JR is selling the red for $129 plus $3 shipping

Last edited by advocate2; 11-06-2011 at 08:51 AM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

It then gives this link which shows the price still at $149.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...876:S6L1READER
Just add it to your cart and the price is adjusted to $129.99. It looks like free shipping in US from Sony.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

If you need one today, Best Buy has reduced the price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...egories&ks=960
Old 11-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

I just saw that Buydig has it with free shipping and no sales tax:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...c&tab=descript
Old 11-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
YES!!! I've been waiting to see if they'd go on sale. I thought I'd have to wait for black Friday.
My local Sony store doesn't have white, so I have to order one.
Lots of complaints about Sony pricing, but they always put their readers on sale not long after release. Never seen some of the others on sale at all.
Now I'll have to wait for their new mp3 players to go on sale......
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
On SONY's Education store, it's down to $116.99. Not sure what the criteria are to use the Education store... I have always purchased through there and they have never asked for any verification (I do work in education - but they haven't verified that, as far as I know...).

The reader + cover with light comes to $160. It's tempting, but I will wait for a firmware update.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
On SONY's Education store, it's down to $116.99. Not sure what the criteria are to use the Education store... I have always purchased through there and they have never asked for any verification (I do work in education - but they haven't verified that, as far as I know...).

The reader + cover with light comes to $160. It's tempting, but I will wait for a firmware update.
Wow you are right. I put one in a cart and no verification. I dont want one either because of all the problems with the t1. But $117 is a great deal if one does not mind the current buggy software.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
Perhaps it differs per country, but they did require me to provide verification (afterwards) when I bought my 650 through their education store earlier this year.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
Perhaps it differs per country, but they did require me to provide verification (afterwards) when I bought my 650 through their education store earlier this year.
I don't recall them asking for verification... but I do have a .edu email address, so maybe that was it...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Black Friday (prices) are coming early this year according to a story on the news last night.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
jrnemanich
jrnemanich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
For the education store, all you need is an .edu email.
jrnemanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Sony store is showing it now from your link. Not the Canadian site though, but that is par for the course, lol.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
surfdog
Commonsewer
surfdog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
QUOTE=advocate2;1820948]I just saw that Buydig has it with free shipping and no sales tax:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...c&tab=descript[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you know it! I bought a black PRS-T1 at Buydig at 2:00 pm Pacific Time yesterday... for $148!

I'll just pretend I spent the $19 on dinner or beer.
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #14
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
UK Price £129.99 inc VAT.
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
Canadian price is still 169.99
I've emailed Sony asking if they'd be following suit in Canada as well, as $40 difference makes no sense (with us being geographically similar and canadian dollar being on par)
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote