Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Does Kindle convert locked PDFs?

Just curious--will Amazon's conversion process for PDFs convert the ones that are locked against copying, editing or printing?

For example, the free sample available at http://stardate.org/magazine/sample.html

Nevermind how awful the layout would be after conversion--I'd just like to know if it can be converted. (I know there are plenty of academic articles distributed as locked PDFs that aren't picture-and-formatting heavy; I just couldn't find one this morning.)

I tried searching for answers here and didn't find any (because there are lots of threads that discuss both Kindles and PDFs) & around the web and couldn't find any useful info (the rest of the web is full of instructions on how to email files to Amazon for conversion; technical details are ignored).
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Just curious--will Amazon's conversion process for PDFs convert the ones that are locked against copying, editing or printing?
I don't know about Amazon's conversion process, but MobiPocket Creator (which is thought to be similar to Amazon's conversion) converted the file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert