Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: K3,K4,PB360,PB360+,PB701-IQ und noch diverse andere Lesegeräte....
FBReader 0.10.7 Problem

Hello,

i have build FBReader 0.10.7 for the iliad. it is running, but if i add:

erIpcStartClient(ER_BUSYD_CHANNEL, &erbusyChannel);
busySetBusy(erbusyChannel, ccBusyState_Off);

to funktion doPaint in ZLGtkViewWidget.cpp the porogram ends with "zlui-gtk.so: undefined symbol: erIpcStartClient".

Without this lines FBReader works fine, but with always flashing busy-led.

How can i fix this?

best regards
Fellball
Fellball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Try this patch. I put led control code in a different place. I built fbreader 0.10.7 against GTK+2.10 and 2.14, and it's working on my iLiad. FIY.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader-0.10.7.mod.zip (2.6 KB, 442 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 04-04-2009 at 06:19 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Thanks. I test the patch tonight.....

Fellball
Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
Fellball
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Try this patch. I put led control code in a different place. I built fbreader 0.10.7 against GTK+2.10 and 2.14, and it's working on my iLiad. FIY.
thx. a look in your diff-file helps me to solve my little problem...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Hi,
Need some help/suggestions:
I had some free time last weekend and set out to compile the fbreader 0.10.7 source.
I have Adam's vmware setup etc., and I think i followed his steps in his dev corner sticky.

But had to stop soon enough since I started getting a truckload of compile errors.

The header files under zlibrary/core/include/ were mostly empty files.
Am i missing something in the configuration?

Can someone provide any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
The header files under zlibrary/core/include/ were mostly empty files.
Those header files are just symbolic link linking to some other solid header files. That's why they are empty. The compilation error you encountered has nothing to do with those files.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #7
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
So, I've been trying to get this compiling, in preperation for the arrival of my iliad!

I applied ericshliao's patch from above to the source from fbreader.org, and started out. First thing I got was a complaint about a missing bzip2 include files, so compiling and installing that into /usr/local/arm/oe/arm-linux/ did the trick.

Next up was:
as: Unrecognized option '-Qy'
which was fixed by soft linking /usr/local/arm/oe/bin/arm-linux-gcc to /usr/local/arm/oe/bin/gcc

And my final problem, which I'm still stuck on, is:
Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pwarren/iliad/fbreader-0.10.7/zlibrary/core/src/unix/library'
Creating libzlcore.so.0.10.7 .../usr/local/arm/oe/arm-linux/bin/ld: unrecognised emulation mode: elf_i386
Supported emulations: armelf_linux armelf
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libzlcore.so.0.10.7] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pwarren/iliad/fbreader-0.10.7/zlibrary/core'
make: *** [all] Error 1
pwarren@buildhost:~/iliad/fbreader-0.10.7$
linking ld as I did for gcc, does not help.

make LD="arm-linux-ld"

produces:
Code:
Creating libzlcore.so.0.10.7 ...arm-linux-ld: unrecognized option '-Wl,-soname,libzlcore.so.0.10'
arm-linux-ld: use the --help option for usage information
make[1]: *** [libzlcore.so.0.10.7] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pwarren/iliad/fbreader-0.10.7/zlibrary/core'
make: *** [all] Error 1
So, I'm a bit stuck.

Does anyone have any pointers, or solutions?

I'm using the official toolchain, on debian 4.0r7, and have successfully compiled the iliados sources, and a few other bits and pieces.

This is leading up to me having a look at packaging up an installer for fbreader 0.10.7, and possibly continuing on the iliados project, which seems to be moving a little slowly at the moment.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by pwarren; 06-01-2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: correct error message for second code block
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Managed to figure this out. Needed to make links for ar, as and g++ as well as the above. Something funky going on with my $PATH I guess.

Then found that FBReader needs fribidi and liblinebreak. Anyways, all compiled now, and stripped down to 4.9MB. Next up, getting a package going

Well, Guess I'd better test it first, make sure my compile actually works! Iliad should be here within 48 hours!!!

Last edited by pwarren; 06-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
pwarren
Connoisseur

sad face

Doesn't work at all, it seems to run, produces no output and returns in a second or less.

Completely not sure what's happening there. even with xpedmgr it doesn't work.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
ericshliao
Guru

You can run /usr/bin/fbreader.sh in mrxvt to see if any error message.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #11
pwarren
Connoisseur

Ah, sorry, wasn't being clear!

I've copied my compiled install to /mnt/cf/myfbreader on my iliad, via scp after installing the unbrickable application.

so I run
Code:
root@ereader:/media/cf/myfbreader# export DISPLAY=:0
root@ereader:/media/cf/myfbreader# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/cf/myfbreader/lib
root@ereader:/media/cf/myfbreader# xepdmgr :0 ./bin/FBReader 
xepdmgr: client mode, child ./bin/FBReader
root@ereader:/media/cf/myfbreader#
Not terribly promising

Code:
root@ereader:/media/cf/myfbreader# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/cf/myfbreader/lib /lib/ld-linux.so.2 --list ./bin/FBReader 
	libzltext.so.0.10 => /media/cf/myfbreader/lib/libzltext.so.0.10 (0x40000000)
	libzlcore.so.0.10 => /media/cf/myfbreader/lib/libzlcore.so.0.10 (0x4004f000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x400f0000)
	liberipc.so.0 => /usr/lib/liberipc.so.0 (0x400fb000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x4010b000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x401ea000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x40297000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x402a1000)
	liblinebreak.so.1 => /media/cf/myfbreader/lib/liblinebreak.so.1 (0x403ad000)
	libfribidi.so.0 => /media/cf/myfbreader/lib/libfribidi.so.0 (0x403bd000)
	libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x403d3000)
	libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x403f8000)
	libcurl.so.3 => /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 (0x40411000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x2aaaa000)
	libssl.so.0.9.7 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 (0x4044a000)
	libcrypto.so.0.9.7 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 (0x4047f000)
The FBReader 0.10.2 that istudy compiled works fine. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39802
and now that I've actually read through his thread, I find that the install path, is actually compiled in to FBReader, which might be my problem, as I changed that!

brb....
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
ericshliao
Guru

libzlcore is dependent on install path which is fixed at building. If you use my patch file without altering it, you must install to /media/card/programs/fbreader. Or you must modify the install dir.

Last edited by ericshliao; 06-03-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
pwarren
Connoisseur

heh, that's fixed it. Awesome!

I started it with xepdmgr, is that required, even with your patches?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
ericshliao
Guru

My patch does not deal with screen refreshment, so xepdmgr is a must-have with my patch. But if you use patched x-lib in the fbreader 0.8.14 package, maybe xepdmgr is not needed. That's beyond my reach, 'cause I've never used that 0.8.14 package.

Last edited by ericshliao; 06-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
pwarren
Connoisseur

cool. I'm Ok with using xepdmgr.

Next problem, is no exit button, no easy way to quit FBReader.