Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Lou Reed dead at 71.

The Velvet Underground founder and solo artist dies at 71.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Because some of my friends' lives were interwoven with Lou Reed's, I feel his loss not in my own but theirs. He was not an interest so much as a sympathetic figure. I appreciated his decision to write songs about people who didn't seem to matter to anyone else, and I liked hearing friends' stories about going to his house and finding ordinary poor and working class people in his company -- bus drivers and bag ladies who told him about their day and knew their way to his fridge. Nelson Algren would have approved.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
This is the kind of thing (and character) I mean:

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-28-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Because some of my friends' lives were interwoven with Lou Reed's, I feel his loss not in my own but theirs. He was not an interest so much as a sympathetic figure. I appreciated his decision to write songs about people who didn't seem to matter to anyone else, and I liked hearing friends' stories about going to his house and finding ordinary poor and working class people in his company -- bus drivers and bag ladies who told him about their day and knew their way to his fridge. Nelson Algren would have approved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
This is the kind of thing (and character) I mean:

Thanks, for that. Berlin was a great album though it was not a commercial success. Reed was not afraid to write about subjects people did not want to think about.

I was thinking about this film that I recalled seeing years ago. I found it on Youtube.