Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Nook Books question

Forgive me if this has been covered before--I didn't see a post title that seemed to match.

I always thought that Nooks used epub files, but I was considering buying a title from the Barnes & Noble web site and it says "Read exclusively on these devices & apps" and then lists the Nook models and Nook software for Ipad, etc. Is this an epub file and have they made it so it can only be read on Nook devices? I have a Sony & don't want to buy the book until I'm sure it's readable. (In case you're wondering, they have a substantially cheaper price than anyone else selling it as an epub.)

Thanks for any help.
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Sony doesn't support the Nook version of DRM, so unless you remove the DRM, you can't read it on your Sony..
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thanks
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneijder View Post
if you haven't solve the DRM issue, here is a commendation:
Why pay when our friend Alf and his apprentice have the key to the goods for free?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote