Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Palm Users who also use BeCrossword on your device

This is for folks who, like me, still read on their PalmOS device and also do crossword puzzles. A new version, V2, of my fav PalmOS app, BeCrossword, for crossword puzzles just was released. Seems they added a lot of new stuff, mostly another puzzle format beyond .PUZ (Across Light), the ability to keep puzzles somewhere other than the "Launcher" directory as well as they no longer seem to need be in the same directory as the program (super cool long overdue change), unlimited puzzle sizes as well and they made a bunch of other fixes or changes of annoying little things. Anyway here is a link if anyone wants it...oh, the only annoying thing is if you want to upgrade ya gotta pay again...not a lot though, just $7 or $14 (includes a bundle of BeCrossword + a new automagic downloader, "Puzzle Fetch", for your desktop PC which looks nice so far). BTW, apparently no Mac version of "Puzzle Fetch" though, so that is still manual for Mac users...

http://www.beocean.com/palm_crosswor...t_features.php

It's still the best overall PalmOS handheld app for crossword puzzles. I also like Xword for the Nokia N800 running OS2007 or OS2008 and can also be had in a generic Linux build along with the source for free. It, along with HandyShopper are the primary reasons I still use my Clie every day over anything else. And also set the level I want from my next reader.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossword, palm, palmos, puzzle