Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #91
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Yes

AFAIK uninstalling launcher, ktrotate and screensaver is sufficient to update.

to be in safe you can do a factory reset, though.
Screensaver hack won't work after you install 5.1 on a jailbroken KT.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #92
nusquama
nusquama began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
Screensaver hack won't work after you install 5.1 on a jailbroken KT.
if you update with usb, you keep screensaver hack and jailbreak
nusquama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #93
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusquama View Post
if you update with usb, you keep screensaver hack and jailbreak
That makes zero sense, I installed via drag-and-drop of the .bin via USB and the screensaver hack screwed up my Kindle.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #94
nusquama
nusquama began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
That makes zero sense, I installed via drag-and-drop of the .bin via USB and the screensaver hack screwed up my Kindle.
it worked with me... did you turn off wireless when you did it ?
nusquama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #95
sparrowlight
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusquama View Post
it worked with me... did you turn off wireless when you did it ?
Yes. The screensaver hack resulted in an unresponsive power button.
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #96
dchae85
dchae85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Could someone post or send me the file to uninstall KTrotate 0.2? I Googled and searched here but I can't find the zip file anywhere...

EDIT: Never mind, I finally found it.

Last edited by dchae85; 06-07-2012 at 01:13 AM.
dchae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #97
duxbelli
duxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavens

Device: none
I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to share my results from trying to upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.1.0. I was getting the 006 error, even after reversing everything I could recall modifying.

Finally I resorted to downgrading to 5.0.0 via Geekmaster's guide on flashing the mmcblk0p1 image, which ran very smoothly and worked perfectly the first time.

After I had a clean version of 5.0.0, I was able to upgrade to 5.1.0 on the first try with no problems. At this point, the jailbreak_kt510 tool worked perfectly along with all the other tweaks, such as launcher, usbnetwork, and a few others.

Thanks to Yifan, Ixtab, and Geekmaster for being so active and pushing the jailbreak support to 5.1.0.
duxbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #98
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxbelli View Post
I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to share my results from trying to upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.1.0. I was getting the 006 error, even after reversing everything I could recall modifying.

Finally I resorted to downgrading to 5.0.0 via Geekmaster's guide on flashing the mmcblk0p1 image, which ran very smoothly and worked perfectly the first time.

After I had a clean version of 5.0.0, I was able to upgrade to 5.1.0 on the first try with no problems. At this point, the jailbreak_kt510 tool worked perfectly along with all the other tweaks, such as launcher, usbnetwork, and a few others.

Thanks to Yifan, Ixtab, and Geekmaster for being so active and pushing the jailbreak support to 5.1.0.
You are welcome. The "simple debricking" thread is turning out to be useful for getting past failed upgrades too. It is nice when old tools find new uses.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #99
jonyibandi
jonyibandi began at the beginning.

Update from 5.1.2 to 5.3.2

Hi!
How can I update my KT to 5.3.2? When I trying to do this, tapping the update kindle button, and a few seconds later gives an error message: update error 006.
Can it be a problem, that I previously uninstalled Duokan before I applied the update?

Thanks for your help!
jonyibandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #100
CaseyCZ
CaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyibandi View Post
Hi!
How can I update my KT to 5.3.2? When I trying to do this, tapping the update kindle button, and a few seconds later gives an error message: update error 006.
Can it be a problem, that I previously uninstalled Duokan before I applied the update?

Thanks for your help!
I would try to do Small debricking guide for “noobs”, worked for me. After debricking I've installed jailbreak 1.7.N with usbnet 0.7.N... and now i'm happy with sw 5.3.2 ..
CaseyCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #101
jonyibandi
jonyibandi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyCZ View Post
I would try to do Small debricking guide for “noobs”, worked for me. After debricking I've installed jailbreak 1.7.N with usbnet 0.7.N... and now i'm happy with sw 5.3.2 ..
It looks really exciting!
But if I do the upgrade, and I have 5.3.2 on my Kindle, can I use my favourite apps, like Komic, Hackedupreader, LeafPad, sudoku etc.?
jonyibandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #102
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyibandi View Post
It looks really exciting!
But if I do the upgrade, and I have 5.3.2 on my Kindle, can I use my favourite apps, like Komic, Hackedupreader, LeafPad, sudoku etc.?
You would do best to read each of those threads here to see what their status is under 5.3.2

But according to your profile information at the left, you can't do any of that now - your device shows as: 'None'.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote