Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
GKj
GKj began at the beginning.

Device: Onix I62HD
Reading Kindle Edition

Hi All,
Can I use my I62 Boox to read Amazon's "Kindle edition"? Are there any limitations to the Kindle format on the Onyx device?
Thanks
GKj

Last edited by GKj; 12-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.
GKj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Boox does do non-DRM'd Mobi (although I don't know how well) which used to be Amazon's main format, but most books I've gotten from Amazon these days are the newer KF8 versions which the Boox doesn't read. You could convert those to ePub easily using Calibre and then read them on the Boox though.

Of course if the book you want has DRM then you can only convert it after the DRM's been removed. Can't give details here, but googling Apprentice Alf can help there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
There are plans to make android an alternate firmware for some of the Boox. If that happened you could use the kindle app.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
There are plans to make android an alternate firmware for some of the Boox. If that happened you could use the kindle app.
Good point, I'd forgotten about that. More info here...
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UNHiUm_pd1M
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Next week I will get the Onyx sample with running Android OS on it. First thing I am going to try- to install Kindle on it and report here if it works.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
Booxtor

This will be Onyx I62HD/FireFly very interestingly ?!
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
It has been said that this sample is the Onyx I62HD FireFly.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
GKj
GKj began at the beginning.

Device: Onix I62HD
Thank you all for your references. gona try some...
GKj
GKj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Next week I will get the Onyx sample with running Android OS on it.

Please inform us about your tests!
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote