Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #76
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx3000se View Post
to what version?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #77
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Mine tried to update over wifi (Canada). Downloaded to 100% then froze, and I had to do a reset. Scared to try again...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #78
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
"Unknown Error"

what's wrong when I get "Unknown Error" when synching, both on the device and from within Kobo Dektop ...

And yes, I have internet connectivty (else I couldn't write this post )
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #79
fx3000se

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
"manually"? Where's the link?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #80
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
what's wrong when I get "Unknown Error" when synching, both on the device and from within Kobo Dektop ...

Yeah I got that when I tried to auto sync the update, probs coz I manually installed 2.2.1 as well.
Once I manually downloaded 2.3.1 and unzipped it into the .kobo folder it installed fine.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #81
fx3000se

Quote:

--> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199805
Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #82
FrozenPepper
FrozenPepper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
2.3.1 successfully installed on my fnac-branded Kobo Glo (Belgium). At first the sleep function didn't work anymore, but a simple reset with a paperclip fixed it.
FrozenPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #83
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
"manually"? Where's the link?

Here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=97
Old 12-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #84
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
2.3.1 successfully installed on my fnac-branded Kobo Glo (Belgium). At first the sleep function didn't work anymore, but a simple reset with a paperclip fixed it.
When I manually installed 2.2.1 I had the same issue, but I read somewhere here if you remove the SDcard and restart the kobo, THEN put the SDCARD back in AFTER it successfully restarts the sleep function works again. You only have to do this once.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #85
FrozenPepper
FrozenPepper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
When I manually installed 2.2.1 I had the same issue, but I read somewhere here if you remove the SDcard and restart the kobo, THEN put the SDCARD back in AFTER it successfully restarts the sleep function works again. You only have to do this once.
I didn't think of trying that. Good to know, thanks!
FrozenPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #86
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Updated my KT OTA last night. For the first time I had trouble. The screen updated in a strange way, top half then bottom half, the sleep/off image of the book cover would not update and was displaying a previous read book's cover.

I logged out and then in again and it solved the problems. Of course it wiped all my stats etc. and took a loooong time to re-start. I cannot tell how long, after 15 minutes (to 10%) I plugged in the reader and went to sleep. This morning all is well.

Too bad really, I liked my stats and was sorry to lose them as well as my place in numerous books (I end up starting and resuming books at odd times).
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #87
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
I just got 2.3.1 here in Germany. It may have had some issues with 2.2.1, as it rebooted but never stopped booting, even after 30 Minutes.
I did a restore, and now I have it running.
One thing I noticed:
You open a book with a TOC in the beginning (not the one you reach via the menu), jump to the first chapter and you'll never see the percentage in the lower left, as it only displays the "back" link there.
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #88
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch updated this lunchtime to 2.3.0 (UK) via Wi-Fi with no problems
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #89
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Upgraded to 2.3.1 last night (Winnipeg, MB, Canada). Had a couple problems: it opened the book I was on to a different page than I actually was on and the device would not go to sleep through the power switch or the sleep cover. This morning I signed out of my Kobo account and then signed back in (as suggested earlier) and after quite a lengthy period of re-processing every book in my library, all seems well now.

Haven't had too much time to play with it, but I like the new home screen. I do wish they would roll out some of the new functionality for epubs & kepubs simultaneously.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #90
spud357c
Enthusiast
spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Glo and Nook Color
Update received but appeared to freeze up during the install. After roughly 30 minutes I did a reset (paperclip) after which install started up again and finished within 30/45 seconds.
Glo rebooted and appears to be working fine now.
spud357c is offline   Reply With Quote