Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #46
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Yes, I've got the itch, too.
Resistance is futile. I just know I'll get it, it's a matter of time. I have such strong will power that it does what it wants
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #47
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'll upload a photo comparing both of them (I have a PRS-350 and I've purchased a Mini - gadgetitis ).

Oooh, thanks; I'll be waitiing.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #48
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Here you can see both of them:

And here you can see it with the Tuff-Luv cover (light and nice fit):

Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #49
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
Nice pictures Teresa. Checked the Tuff Luv website to expensive to send here to the United States . The pound to dollar rate stinks and the shipping is high.

Have a great day.
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #50
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Sorry, it's not too expensive to Spain (and no taxes).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #51
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Those of you thinking of picking up the Mini..do it. I just got the last one at my local Best Buy. I was actually in there to buy a radio( getting ready for Hurricane Sandy) and decided to look at the ereaders.

This cute little fella was sitting there all by his lonesome on the shelf. He looked so small and alone that I decided to adopt him.

I have several other readers as well. But, I had a good experience with the Kobo Touch and the Mini will fit nicely in my smaller purses and my nurses jacket at work. It's very tiny but perfectly readable. The one I got was white..
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #52
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Poked around a Mini today while I was at Best Buy (managed to successfully avoid buying a tablet - a very hard task :P). Getting a comfortably-sized font on it proved next to impossible without cutting down the amount of text on the page to maybe half what would display on my Touch. :/
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #53
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
The minis arrived and I had to open the white one. Not the greatest images, it's cloudy here and I had to leave the plastic overlay on the white reader. The reader does need to be charged also. Definitely a lighter screen than my Kobo Touch has. Wish I could play with it more.
I am curious to find out why you chose the white one. It's a lovely color and my favorite BUT it tricks my eyes, as an optical illusion making the screen grayer than it actually is. The black bezel makes the screen white. I really hope my eyes couldn't be tricked like that because white is stunning.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #54
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I choose white bezels because:
(1) I like the white bezel, seems to blend more to create a continuous page. Black would distract me. However, black does offer more contrast, the page will appear whiter.
(2) Black bezels usually show fingerprints more.
(3) I'm just sick of black hardware.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #55
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hm, my Mini seems to ignore its own settings for margin and line spacing on a lot of epubs, in odd ways. At least one set of epubs with margins set to 0.2em insists on having no left or right margin at all. What's up with that?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #56
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My first ebay case arrived and it doesn't fit. Length is fine, it's almost 1/2" too narrow. If I get desperate, I'll get some black elastic and modify it.

It's a shame, the case actually feels pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct. 31, 2012 003.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	95221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct. 31, 2012 004.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	95222  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
mycurlylocks
Addict

I guess my next try will be from the Navitech line, they have several colors in it, but I couldn't find it on Amazon.ca.

Navitech

The Tuf Luv case is available on ebay and ebay.ca, but I don't want purple.

Tuf Luv

While snooping through ebay (which always gets me in trouble) I found a vendor that hand makes the cases. If I had to pay $29.99 for a case, I'd probably try one of these. I always love the bright colors and patterns anyway.

eKover
Old 10-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #58
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
My first ebay case arrived and it doesn't fit. Length is fine, it's almost 1/2" too narrow. If I get desperate, I'll get some black elastic and modify it.

It's a shame, the case actually feels pretty good.
Too bad! That means mine won't fit either...I haven't received mine yet (I had ordered the exact same one) however, I have just ordered a new phone with a 4.8" screen so maybe that will fit into it; it's the right height
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote