Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #481
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Computer stays home where there's lots of WiFi.

Tablet travels to locations where there's no WiFi.

Hmm...well, actually, that makes sense, when you put it that way.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #482
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Well life's pretty sweet here in NEXUS land Seems that we got the jump on you guys across the Atlantic ocean this time.

The only Achilles heal for me is the 13GB of usable memory which i filled up pretty fast with games ,app and a couple of movies. I really don't know how any one would cope with the 8gb version unless there very light users.

Im kicking back and enjoying a nice game of Max payne mobile and it's silky smooth goodness.Sorry to say my camera cant take evan reasonable photos of the IPS screen.
And if you have not realised mine arrived 2 days ago.

When i got mine they already had update to download for jelly bean so im running 4.1.1 rite now and it's great.

Hope you don't have to wait to long for yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	737.4 KB
ID:	89166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	853.7 KB
ID:	89167  

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #483
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
congrats ds, it's always nice to have shiny new tech to play with
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #484
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Computer stays home where there's lots of WiFi.

Tablet travels to locations where there's no WiFi.

Smart monkey.
Nice monkey.

Nice monkey.

Please don't tear my face off.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #485
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
congrats ds, it's always nice to have shiny new tech to play with
Thanks , it's my birthday on the 18th so it came at just the rite time
I have been testing plenty of games and apps and its worked fine.

just remember to go into the options screen at the top of the page and then go into the options sub folder called ACCESABILITY and TICK the AUTO-ROTATE SCREEN OPTION otherwise your google media player and other apps wont go into LANDSCAPE mode apart from youtube and games

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184704

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #486
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Smart monkey.
Nice monkey.

Nice monkey.

Please don't tear my face off.
Monkeeezz za goezz in treeezz. Monkeeezz za travel light!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #487
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
you are a bit late to the party :-) the main argument from the pro SD party is that they don't want no stinky cloud as wifi is not always available.
You are right.

We don't need no stinking cloud driving our cell bill sky high.

Wait. Cloud - Sky High! That's like some kind of deep meaning.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #488
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Well life's pretty sweet here in NEXUS land Seems that we got the jump on you guys across the Atlantic ocean this time.

The only Achilles heal for me is the 13GB of usable memory which i filled up pretty fast with games ,app and a couple of movies. I really don't know how any one would cope with the 8gb version unless there very light users.

Im kicking back and enjoying a nice game of Max payne mobile and it's silky smooth goodness.Sorry to say my camera cant take evan reasonable photos of the IPS screen.
And if you have not realised mine arrived 2 days ago.

When i got mine they already had update to download for jelly bean so im running 4.1.1 rite now and it's great.

Hope you don't have to wait to long for yours.

Thanks for that. (it's the movies taking up your memory ) - I've yet to fill up my Kindle Fire or my Xoom internal memory.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #489
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Google's Nexus tablet selling fast across retail chains

Quote:
Google's Nexus 7 tablet is off to an encouraging start, with major retailers running out of the gadgets as the Internet company's first entry in an increasingly crowded market showed up in stores in the United States on Friday.
I'm curious to know how the sales numbers compare to those of the iPad3.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #490
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I'm curious to know how the sales numbers compare to those of the iPad3.
Fire is first target. Fire started fast too.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #491
darksaber35
Banned

Well im certain it's going to stomp over a number of other lower priced Tablets like the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab 2 and KINDLE FIRE 1.

The Nexus out performs the TAB 2 in almost every way and the Tab 2 only really has the advantage of the micro SD card reader and the Universal IR remote control gizmo to it's advantage.

The Galaxy tab 2 and the Kindle Fire are just average devices compared to the Nexus 7 now.
Here in the UK the 8GB GALAXY TAB 2 is the same price as the 16GB NEXUS 7

A film i made of SONIC 4 played on my NEXUS 7.I also did one of Grand Theft Auto 3 and im uploading a film of Max Payne Mobile rite now.
http://youtu.be/E7i6mPe3C_E

Asus NEXUS 7 - score 4.5
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1087040/review

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 - score 3.5
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1083082/review

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-16-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #492
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
The Nexus out performs the TAB 2 in almost every way and the Tab 2 only really has the advantage of the micro SD card reader and the Universal IR remote control gizmo to it's advantage.
That's a pretty major advantage if (like me) you want to carry around more than 13GB of data. Heck - you can't even read data from a USB stick on the Nexus! So don't be so quick to claim that the Nexus is the dog's dangly bits - it very much depends what you want to actually USE it for, and as a portable video player, for me the Tab 2 7" is the better device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #493
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
"A film i made of SONIC 4 played on my NEXUS 7.I also did one of Grand Theft Auto 3 and im uploading a film of Max Payne Mobile rite now.
http://youtu.be/E7i6mPe3C_E"

Nice I have been running the, Xbox quality, Game Shadowgun on my Kindle fire since I got it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HUar7d-GN8

(FYI this annoying person making the video is NOT ME!! BTW.)

I am also running NOVA HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Qo-XIui3k

So the Fire is No Slouch with 3D video games either.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #494
darksaber35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's a pretty major advantage if (like me) you want to carry around more than 13GB of data. Heck - you can't even read data from a USB stick on the Nexus! So don't be so quick to claim that the Nexus is the dog's dangly bits - it very much depends what you want to actually USE it for, and as a portable video player, for me the Tab 2 7" is the better device.
Like the OLD saying goes - horses for courses

Im NOT saying it's the best BUT for the price it is ,im certain the rest of the people who get there's will agree with me ONCE there's arrive to.

That's a interesting point Mr H when you mentioned video playback.As to storage i can live with it because the superior performance Which Nexus 7 has,im tired of devices that dont measure up to the mark by being laggy and unresponsive when you want them to do anything and i want them to work with out messing around with it WHICH the NEXUS 7 DOES very well.

Unlike OTHER devices i have bought in the past i dont feel a little bit let down by the product.

Why i bought the NEXUS 7
Better performance
Better Screen
Better PRICE
Better web Browser
Longer Use from the battery 8 hours video or 10 hours web browsing
Galaxaly Tab 2 - 305 minutes ,a bit over 5 hours of video.
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...articleContent

Asus NEXUS 7 - 1280 x 800 pixels IPS UK PRICE £200 16GB OR £160 for 8GB

IPAD 2 - 9.7 Inch - 1024 x 768 IPS UK PRICE £306.89 16GB (LOWER RES but larger screen )

KINDLE FIRE - 1024x600, 169ppi IPS display. ???? NO UK RELEASE,only US imports

ONDA Vi40 9.7 Inch- CHEAP China tablet - 1024x600 Display IPS UK PRICE £148 FROM Amazon.com 16GB

Samsung GALAXY TAB 2 - 1024 x 600 pixels TFT £200 for 8gb or £250 for 16GB

Evan the china tablets like the ONDA Vi40 and plenty of the others are using IPS screens to provide better movie watching experience than TFT screens.

TFT screens are yesterdays news and the IPS screen's clearly have a advantage over them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Onda-Vi4...2455768&sr=8-1

Techrader.com - Galaxy Tab 2
"The 7-inch screen is a 1024 x 600 TFT affair, which shuns any AMOLED love that once threatened the Galaxy Tab lineup. The panel itself is lacklustre, lifeless and dull, which won't impress movie lovers one bit."

Galaxy Tab 2
For
Handy size
Great price
Decent performance
Classy look

Against
Dull screen - Sounds like some english women
Unresponsive to the touch
TouchWiz is bland
Fiddly browser

NEXUS 7
For
Quality hardware
NFC support
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Bundled Google Play freebies

Against
Weak IPS display contrast
Limited storage options
Too few Android tablet apps -This goes for all android tablets.
Some content hard to read (magazines) -This goes for all 7 inch devices.

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-17-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #495
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
the dog's dangly bits
Quote:
horses for courses
For Pete's sake, you people don't really talk that way over there, do you?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, google, nexus, tablet