Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #91
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Out here in the colonies our ebook selection is geo restricted so we're a bit thin on the ground.
Can't you get to the Singapore Library? They don't seem to geo-restrict at all, I go to them for anything my local library doesn't have.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #92
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
My library is the exact opposite. The refuse to bring in anything but white bread romance, with the occasional exception of paranormal, and then only the most popular ones. Booooooooring.
I talked to my local librarian, who is in charge of purchasing ebooks. She said each of the libraries in the consortiom buy their own books, and then make them available to everyone in the consortiom. She said she only buys bestseller ebooks.

The thing I find facinating (and am thinking of becoming involved in changing) is that all of the big villages are in one consortiom, and all of the little villages are in another consortiom. For example, my village (pop 7000) is between two villages of 100,000 each. The two neighboring villages are in one consortiom, and my little village is in a consortiom with distant, and similar sized, villages. Seems a strange way to run things.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #93
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Can't you get to the Singapore Library? They don't seem to geo-restrict at all, I go to them for anything my local library doesn't have.
Yes we can access it - and I do! Great selection there, but I'd like to see my local library expand as well. Somehow I think that the days of unlimited borrowing from Singapore will be limited.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #94
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Yes we can access it - and I do! Great selection there, but I'd like to see my local library expand as well. Somehow I think that the days of unlimited borrowing from Singapore will be limited.
I have that feeling too. sigh. Well, I'll use it while I can.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #95
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Shortest wait time ever for me...

Put
A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog Named Trixie by Dean Koontz on hold, and it arrived two days later. Can't remember the number of copies or number waiting though. *scratches head*
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert