Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Allison Brennan book order

Started reading Speak no Evil by Allison Brennan. It's the first of hers I have read but there are lots of references by Nick Thomas about battling a previous serial killer. I haven't been able to find the story in another book and wondered if I have read the wrong book first or if the writer was just building a past around the character.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi 20LEgend

I read Allison Brennan's trilogy in paperback quite a while ago. The first book was the one you're reading now Speak No Evil. The second See No Evil, and the final book Fear No Evil. As far as I can remember the writer, as you suggest was building a past around the character only. Her FBI trilogy was pretty good also. You might want to check it out sometime. Happy reading.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks MM. Just finished it tonight, enjoyed it. I'll definitely be reading more of her books. Btw, loving your avatar.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi 20LEgend,
Delighted you enjoyed Speak No Evil. Don't know whether you have read any Nora Roberts. She's my all time favourite author. Her Chesepeak Bay Collection is particularly good. It's about The Quinn brothers, and their foster brother Seth. Very heartwarming stories.
(1) Sea Swept
(2) Rising Tides
(3) Inner Harbor
(4) Chesapeake Blue.
Also Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb has an In Death series. It's about a New York female cop by the name of Eve Dallas and her sidekick Peabody. Very enjoyable also. That's about it 20LEgend. I'll leave you to get on with your reading. Thanks for the compliment on my Avatar. I'm a big Marilyn fan.

Best wishes
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote