Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #136
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You will need to be able to see "hidden" files, on your Mac, to find the .kobo directory.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #137
Ninja_Gerbil
Ninja_Gerbil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the reply Ken,

I do apologize for my lack of technical knowledge, but if anyone is familiar with how to do this on a Mac/Kobo Touch, I would really like to give it a try. I googled how to show hidden files which may have worked. When I next open my Finder, i go to "Applications, Kobo" and right click and select "show all contents". Once inside, I cannot tell if the show hidden files thing actually worked, there are some files that weren't there before that appear grey and have the dot in front of them, but after searching through the entire Kobo file folders, there is no eReader file ".kobo/KoboRoot/tgz" (or any ereader files for that matter).

Any help is appreciated. Perhaps I should not be using Finder? I do not know which application to sue to get deeper into my system, and right clicking on the kobo icon seems a bit pedestrian for such an undertaking, thoughts?

NG
Ninja_Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #138
Ninja_Gerbil

The only "hidden files" that appear seem to be ".DS Store" and ".DS Localized", which appear at the top of main directories for Applications, Downloads, etc.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #139
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Gerbil View Post
The only "hidden files" that appear seem to be ".DS Store" and ".DS Localized", which appear at the top of main directories for Applications, Downloads, etc.
Do you have your Kobo connected to your Mac and are you browsing the removable drive that is mounted?

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #140
Ninja_Gerbil

Thanks DNSB,

I was not doing that, and did not know that there were additional steps required to the process ('mounting' -- Not sure what that means or how I would go about "mounting" my eReader in a way that won't upset my wife).

I hate to hijack a thread with my computer ignorance, but perhaps there is a comprehensive, step-by-step guide for this process?

Regards,

NG
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #141
Ninja_Gerbil

I have now performed a Factory Reset on my Kobo Touch.
I then followed the directions step by step, which appeared to work, I replaced the necessary files in the mounted Kobo from the downloaded link (usr and something else) and clicked "replace all" when prompted.
The next step i am hung up on is the "copy authorization link from eReader file grive-sync/readme.txt - This file does not exist anywhere, and I cannot find out how to get this grive thing working.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #142
koRnac
koRnac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
it works on kobo Aura (no HD)

it works on Kobo Aura (no HD)?
koRnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #143
furrypotato
furrypotato began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Been trying to get the wget method to work but with no success. Anyone managed to do it yet ?
However I did get it to work via FTP from a server of mine so not the end of the world.

Only problem is that sometimes after a reboot the files would vanish ? To get around it I removed made some changes to the script so that it refreshed library EVERY time it runs. That way the files will reappear after putting wifi on first time.
I use a kobo mini and am wondering if that's the cause, due to having no CD card ? In the scripts it does some mounting and I wonder if I need to do that in the mini using internal memory ? Could I get rid of that and specify a normal onboard folder to use ?
furrypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #144
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
So, is there some way to do work that hack on 3.12.0?
or is there in someway to brick the ereader if i try something with that code?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:09 AM   #145
aku313
aku313 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
kobo-wget-sync works occasionally

Hi all,

I have just bought h2o and found out about the https://github.com/spMatti/kobo-wget-sync. The problem is that it works only occasionally. Most of times it does not notice that there are new books on cloud, the index can be found though. I tried that by removing the --reject parameter of the wget command. Sometimes the books, which have been already downloaded correctly to the sd folder, vanish from the library of the reader. OK I have tested with wget only few hours so my experience is very limited. The software version of the e-reader is 3.15.0. Is there some kind of timing issues?

Or is there better way to sync to the google drive or some other general cloud folder?
aku313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #146
rvdgeer
rvdgeer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Unfortunately there's not much going on in here.
I still think a sync option with a cloud drive would be a great addition.
So any progress to get this project back up on it's feet would be great...
rvdgeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #147
Jack Melvin
Jack Melvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6 M:N514
It's curious that you would have posted here now.

I just started digging for a decent solution for wirelessly adding epub books to the kobo Aura (ver. 3.15.0) yesterday.

I don't dare attempt this hack unless it is unlikely to brick my Aura.
Jack Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote