Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Flicker fix for rooted Nook Color

For those with the flickering screen problem:

(oldest thread about screen flicker)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=863233

See also:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901294

The command from adb is:

adb shell echo 68000,1024/70/200/40,600/10/11/10 > /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/timings

For those without any linux ...this writes these settings into ( > ) the file
/sys/devices/omapdss/display0/timings

But it doesn't stick after a reboot.

Supposedly this is to fix the screen timing to the Nook color's native refresh rate of 68khz (it's set to 48khz by default).

But...we noticed this command actually sets it to 66461, at least the couple of us that have checked (you'll see me posting in the xda threads as greenmky).

I tried the command from the terminal...no go. So you'll need to run from ADB.

There's a few conversations going on about making this occur on each boot or otherwise making it stick:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901791 and in the 2nd thread I posted above. I'm not sure they have a good method settled yet (I don't like tinkering with the boot files). I'll wait for a good script or something.

But I can say it DEFINITELY improves the screen flicker. I ran the command via ADB, put it to standby and back...and the flicker is almost totally gone!! I can barely see it in the light grey overlay color now, and can't see it at all in night mode. VASTLY improved.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 01-07-2011 at 01:55 AM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #2
ctos
Enthusiast
ctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook, G1
helpful. thanks for summarizing.
ctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert