Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #481
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
@NewToKindle: In that case, your VNC server doesn't send it. It's most probably a configurable feature of the server. kvncviewer does not support displaying an own mouse cursor at the moment. And I don't see much sense in having it do so, as that feature is mostly for devices that already have a mouse cursor on their own - which the Kindle hasn't, of course.

@MoyoWa: Well, it might be a funny reaction to some parameters - and thus a bug in kvncviewer. That's why I'd like a "second opinion" from another VNC viewer.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #482
Virking
Virking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX
Hello,

I'm at the last step of the instructions found here:

http://www.techhive.com/article/2595...c_display.html

I'm having a similar issue to the one NewToKindle mentioned above. I get an error message:

# com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property preventScreenSaver (0x3)
/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh: line 7: ./kindlevncviewer: Permission denied
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property preventScreenSaver (0x3)

I have tried a few things based on the advice you gave earlier but I'm not competent with things this advanced. Could you please give me any more details about what I can do to fix this?
Virking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:52 AM   #483
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Errrm - NewToKindle described the problem as being that the mouse cursor isn't shown. The actual error in your case is
Code:
/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh: line 7: ./kindlevncviewer: Permission denied
... and I have a hard time to figure out what the problem could be here. Are you sure that the file "kindlevncviewer" actually exists within the same folder that kvncviewer.sh file is in? When in doubt, reinstall KindleVNCviewer by copying over the whole kindlevncviewer folder again. Make extra sure to use the USB device eject function so that all files are written properly.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #484
Virking
Virking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it isVirking knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX
Ok, I just copied over the kvncviewer folder again and that fixed it I thought I had tried that already. Maybe using the eject function made the difference. Anyway, thanks very much.
Virking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc