Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #361
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I've tried Aldiko, Mantano, Coolreader, Bluefire, Moon+ and several others. While none of these is my perfect reader, I settled on Moon+, primarily because I can sync books between my phone and tablet via Dropbox without having to root the devices or purchase extra features.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #362
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Just got my Nexus 7 yesterday... thanks for this thread. I found it very helpful in identifying which reading apps would be right for me. I am hooked on auto-scroll and I LOVE Moon+ Reader! Not too crazy about Android compared to iOS, but this app is strong enough to lure me into keeping the N7 if only for reading... if there was a Moon+ for iOS I'd return the N7.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #363
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapeum View Post
It isn't perfect (in particular Moon+'s night mode is much better), however it's native support for Calibre's series tags made it an instant win for me.
Moon+ also has support for calibre series tags, when you go to By Tags the top tags with the calibre looking icon are the series tags after the series tags you will fine the normal tags.

Even though I use Moon+Reader the book shelves and series sorting are of no concern to me because I choose my books from Calibre Companion (CC) and open them to read from CC into Moon+Reader.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #364
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Just got my Nexus 7 yesterday... thanks for this thread. I found it very helpful in identifying which reading apps would be right for me. I am hooked on auto-scroll and I LOVE Moon+ Reader! Not too crazy about Android compared to iOS, but this app is strong enough to lure me into keeping the N7 if only for reading... if there was a Moon+ for iOS I'd return the N7.
Congrats! And enjoy your Nexus 7. you could find many nice re-book reading apps here. And I found there are some nice Nexus 7 tips and free apps in Enolsoft blog, you may be interested in taking a look.
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #365
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Want an ebook reader app that syncs your progress in cloud and across your android devices? I wanted something like this for months and finally found it! It is called Fabrik and it is fantastic. You put your ebooks in dropbox, then connect the app to dropbox and you're done. I've been using it for a few weeks and have no complaints. I can recommend to everyone who can't use services meant for americans.

There are two versions. Free and Pro (pro is ~$3). Free shows adds (after a few days of use) in the menus but not while you read. The app is new and not as customizeable as many other readers, but the dev is active and adds stuff regularly.

Here is the link to the free version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ljZXJlYWRlciJd

Last edited by lebod; 01-08-2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: forgot the link
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #366
Tech Guy
Leftcoast, USA
Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 2 XL, Basic Kindle
I have both Moon+ Pro and Cool Reader. I love Moon+, especially since the improved autoscroll in the last update, but it's missing one feature I think is important - a browser-style back button. I've lost my place several times due mainly to accidentally hitting the slider at the top when trying to press the back arrow, thus resetting the position to the beginning of the book. I've also hit links, and somehow lost the back arrow that appears briefly. It's almost enough to make me switch to Cool Reader, but I like Moon+ better. But for recommendations to less technical friends, so far I recommend Cool Reader to start with.

I wrote the author recently about adding a history feature like Cool Reader has. Hopefully, he'll consider it. Anyone else have this problem? I redefined the back function, but sometimes I forget where it is because I don't use it that much.
Tech Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #367
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Guy View Post
I have both Moon+ Pro and Cool Reader. I love Moon+, especially since the improved autoscroll in the last update, but it's missing one feature I think is important - a browser-style back button. I've lost my place several times due mainly to accidentally hitting the slider at the top when trying to press the back arrow, thus resetting the position to the beginning of the book. I've also hit links, and somehow lost the back arrow that appears briefly. It's almost enough to make me switch to Cool Reader, but I like Moon+ better. But for recommendations to less technical friends, so far I recommend Cool Reader to start with.

I wrote the author recently about adding a history feature like Cool Reader has. Hopefully, he'll consider it.

Anyone else have this problem? I redefined the back function, but sometimes I forget where it is because I don't use it that much.
Yes. I also switched from cool readers to Moon+ pro, and I really miss the back button. That slider gets me lost all the time.

That and the ability to define 9 touch zones and larger controls for TTS, etc., are the things I continually miss.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #368
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
MeiKuei, a new member at MobileRead, has an android ereader application called Hiku.

Details in their thread here.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #369
Derrin
Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Nexus 7, TF101
Hi, i use dropbox to backup my calibre library, does anyone know of a reader that can directly read the library so that i don't have to import books into the app individually?

EDIT: OK so you can probably tell it's my first day here. Some searching around the rest of thr forum has provided me with FBReader, i can sort by series, authour, title etc. It's not the prettiest app but it does what i need

Last edited by Derrin; 02-26-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: additional information
Derrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #370
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrin View Post
Hi, i use dropbox to backup my calibre library, does anyone know of a reader that can directly read the library so that i don't have to import books into the app individually?
I use Calibre Companion to transfer my books from calibre and manage the books on my device. No import into any reader app required, simply open the book in your favorite reader straight from Calibre Companion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #371
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I've recently started using FB reader on my tablet, and I really like it, except for one thing. Sometimes, I hold the reader in my left hand, and it's awkward to turn the pages the way it's set up. Is there a way to customize this app to turn the page by touching the top and bottom of the screen, rather than left and right? That's how I have it set up in both Aldiko and Moon+.

One more question- I also use Aldiko, and I really like it as well, most of the time. The big problem I have with this app is it (quite often) tends to go back a page instead of forward, which really pulls me out of the reading experience. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it didn't help. This is why I've been checking out FB reader instead.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #372
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Which readers should I try from the sizable list?

Me requirements: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...17&postcount=1
But I can take compromises.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #373
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
So many choices.... I'm looking for an reader that supports CSS and ePUB3...
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #374
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
I still think that ePDF is the best one, and much of all I only paid my copy € 0,78!
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #375
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I downloaded fabrik a few days ago and was impressed by its smoothness but it has a huge issue in that you must have a reasonably fast and active data connection to open it. I'm currently throttled and while my connection is fast enough for tapatalk and the play store, I can't even open fabrik. This would make seem to make it a no go for most vacations.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android;ebooks, cliq, droid, nexus one