Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Albert Anton
Albert Anton began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
play button on rdio not working

This looks like a good service to me but it won't play anything on my vox. Everything else in the program seems to be working. I phoned kobo about this and they said there is no history of this problem and suggested a factory reset. Of course, this fixed nothing.

I contacted rdio service. They said that they have heard from other people about this issue on the vox and they are working on it.

Anybody else have this experience?
Albert Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I haven't...I installed the slacker app instead as I have a Plus subscription and have the app already on my ipod touch and my blackberry... for $3.99 a month, it's cheaper than Rdio and works across all my devices...Vox, iPod touch and BB. Works fine on Vox, no problems!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
Albert Anton

I tried all the usual services. They all work pretty well across platforms. However I find rdio has the best selection in jazz and classical. Rdio is definitely not the least expensive though.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
I had problems, it would not play entire songs or automatically play the next song so I did not sign up after the free trial. I prefer to buy music beforehand.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Why bother with radio apps that require registration and subscriptions? My musical tastes are hardly mainstream, but I can find most of what I want withe the tunein app for free.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
How is your wireless connection? I have noticed that sometimes Rdio play button appears unresponsive when bandwidth is low. Trying lowering the quality of the streaming audio in the app and see if it helps.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Albert Anton

Thanks James.
Worth a try.
Unfortunately I have already disabled high quality streams.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
paulsparrow
paulsparrow began at the beginning.

Device: vox
Same here. Can't get play button to work.
paulsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote