Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Just bought a Kindle DX, but have some problems...

Greetings,

I just purchased a used Kindle DX and I am quite impressed by the screen quality and speed. However, I am having two problems. First, I transferred my subscription to the Baltimore Sun over to the DX using the Manage my Kindle page at Amazon. Unfortunately, it is not being delivered, even when I send it manually. I also subscribed to a new newspaper and it also has not been delivered yet. Second, the PDFs I've transfered over to the Kindle are not showing up. They are in the Documents folder. Should they be elsewhere? Thank you.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Second, the PDFs I've transfered over to the Kindle are not showing up. They are in the Documents folder. Should they be elsewhere? Thank you.
Hi,
for your second problem you could try to use the keycombination
ALT+Z

This combination works normally if you did create a pictures-folder +
subfolder to rescan the Kindle and the pictures will be displayed as
a book.
This could also work for your new copied pdfs if the combination
is for rescanning the complete Kindle.
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I had an issue like this.

Go to the "Home Page" with the book listing and use the toggle to go to the very top where it says "Showing .. xx" and jog it left/right to make sure you are displaying 'All Items'
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
jft
Enthusiast
jft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Regarding your delivery problem: is your Kindle online (the bars at the upper right)? Are you able to shop in the store with your Kindle?
jft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you all for your help; the problem's sorted. I was so used to my wife's Kindle 1 that UI differences through me a bit. I found out where my PDFs were. The subscriptions waited to the next day to kick in (although it was still a bit odd that manually sending the issues did not work). Overall, it's a nice bit of tech, though I have to figure out how it will integrate with my reading habits, it not being as portable as my Pocketbook 360.

Luqman
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Shoulda got the 900.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
I had an issue like this.

Go to the "Home Page" with the book listing and use the toggle to go to the very top where it says "Showing .. xx" and jog it left/right to make sure you are displaying 'All Items'
exactly the same idea that i have in my mind
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Shoulda got the 900.
I almost did. In the end it came down the better selection from the Amazon store (especially now that Topaz has been cracked) and the better screen.