Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #151
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
If orders are going in I better speak up for tirsales in his absence. I believe he prefers a sprinkle of pistachio nuts on top of his chocolate dipped doughnut.

WetDogEared
Done Deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Could I get some whipped cream on my glazed donut, please?
Everything to please you, lovely lady!

Anyone else has a special order, while I'm at it?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #152
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I've survived (so far) Monday and am anxiously awaiting Donut Day. Will there be fireworks, balloons, and kazoos at midnight this time? Or just the usual head first chowing down of delectable pastries?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #153
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Done Deal!

Everything to please you, lovely lady!

Anyone else has a special order, while I'm at it?
Well, now that I think about it, some chopped pecans on top of the whipped cream would be nice. With a cherry on top?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #154
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have a business meeting tomorrow with a prospect. He suggested we meet at a Dunkin Donut shop near his office so others do not know he is talking to me. It seems that there is an employee already doing what I do but has been messing up the work for about 6 months so he wants to farm it out. This should be interesting.

At least I'll get my doughnuts tomorrow.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #155
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I have a business meeting tomorrow with a prospect. He suggested we meet at a Dunkin Donut shop near his office so others do not know he is talking to me. It seems that there is an employee already doing what I do but has been messing up the work for about 6 months so he wants to farm it out. This should be interesting.

Fingers. toes, eyes, arms and legs crossed for you!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #156
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Quote:
Fingers. toes, eyes, arms and legs crossed for you!
And yet you can type!

Good luck RW, and enjoy the doughnuts too!

On another note, I was reading the Journal de Montréal today and fell on this story (link to the Washington Post, not the French paper). Apparently, there is trouble in Doughnut World!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #157
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
And yet you can type!

Good luck RW, and enjoy the doughnuts too!

with my nose.............
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #158
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
with my nose.............
Certainly not with your toof (excuse me - tooth)!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #159
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I can really count on you to fix me a drink anytime, right? Be my friend, please!
You can all always count on me to fix you a drink anytime.

Quote:
ooooohh...maybe I can make a wicked beaver-tail for Marc too, while we're at it...
Excellent! I'd also kill for a Paris-Brest (It's where DGMa keeps here lisuese when on holidays)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

Crosses fingers that you get doughnuts tomorrow. Oh, yeah, the job thingy too.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #160
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You can all always count on me to fix you a drink anytime.

Vcat, didn't I WARN you about Marc? And his "drinks"???

Excellent! I'd also kill for a Paris-Brest (It's where DGMa keeps here lisuese when on holidays)

Well, you should know!

Wakey wakey?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #161
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
Wakey wakey?
I was talking about ShortNCuddlyAm, I tought I could trust her!

I know you taught me good, and, I'm planning on remaining a good kid! for now anyway...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #162
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

I know you taught me good, and, I'm planning on remaining a good kid! for now anyway...
Shorty is all right, you can trust her.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #163
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
C'mon, look at those purple boots. You think you can trust anyone in boots as wicked as those?

Quote:
I know you taught me good, and, I'm planning on remaining a good kid!
She can't have taught you too well then.

Quote:
for now anyway...
I stand corrected.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #164
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I'm heading to the land of Krispy Kreme to get a dozen glazed while they're hot (the big neon sign is flashing)!! I'm happy to share with one and all!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #165
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Donut Day is here! I'm headed to the doughnut shop to buy a dozen for some colleagues I used to work with. They'll be pleasantly suprised, I hope.

Tags
glace au four