Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Question Moon+ reader does not cleanup tmp files

After reading/deleting a couple of .cbr files, I noticed that memory usage still increased, even when deleting the original files.

A quick inspection learned that Moon+ uses a "hidden" directory ".MoonReader" which it fills with thumbs-images of the books covers. However, on deleting an e-book the according thumb images are not removed and remain forever.

The same is more or less true for .cbr files, in which image files are unpacked in (tmp) directory ".MoonReader/cache/...". As those .cbr image files can be quite huge, they continue to occupy space, even when the original .cbr file is deleted.

Has anybody also seen this behavior and is perhaps an automatically solution known to exist for this (unwanted) phenomena?
DrChiper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
After reading/deleting a couple of .cbr files, I noticed that memory usage still increased, even when deleting the original files.

A quick inspection learned that Moon+ uses a "hidden" directory ".MoonReader" which it fills with thumbs-images of the books covers. However, on deleting an e-book the according thumb images are not removed and remain forever.

The same is more or less true for .cbr files, in which image files are unpacked in (tmp) directory ".MoonReader/cache/...". As those .cbr image files can be quite huge, they continue to occupy space, even when the original .cbr file is deleted.

Has anybody also seen this behavior and is perhaps an automatically solution known to exist for this (unwanted) phenomena?
That explains something I discovered this morning.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Sending an email to the app's developer is probably the most efficient way. Moon+ seems to get updates frequently and my "brightness" issue (not saving it correctly) was fixed in a recent update.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Sending an email to the app's developer is probably the most efficient way. Moon+ seems to get updates frequently and my "brightness" issue (not saving it correctly) was fixed in a recent update.

From the app developer .....

Quote:
hi, when the comics cache is larger than 120MB, the reader will clear all of them automatically. (as they're saved on sdcard, 120MB additional space should be acceptable?), the user can also delete the cache folder (/sdcard/books/.moonreader/cache) manually at any time.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Removed my question as I found it answered in another thread. :-)

Last edited by JaneD; 09-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #6
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
From the app developer .....
Can you provide me a link to that quote? The problem is that you cannot set cache sizes as suggested in your quote. Further as I'm running Moon+ on a Nexus 7 (2012) with 32Gb size is no issue, hence the remark is strange. Other readers I tried cleanup fine.
DrChiper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Can you provide me a link to that quote? The problem is that you cannot set cache sizes as suggested in your quote. Further as I'm running Moon+ on a Nexus 7 (2012) with 32Gb size is no issue, hence the remark is strange. Other readers I tried cleanup fine.
Contact the developer directly, his email is at the bottom of the site's home page.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote