Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
happy_123
happy_123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Smile Editing books using Calibre and some kindle feature questions

Hello,
Thanks for this wonderful software. I use Kindle Paperwhite and able to convert books to mobi. I manually load all my books into the device via Calibre. Here are my questions.
1. In some books, although Chapter link is available in the TOC, it is not getting displayed in the "GOTO" button. It makes it hard for me to flip pages. For Eg. in Game of Thrones, the maps are at the front or back and every time I visit them I need to note my current location to come back where I was. How do I edit the book in Calibre for enable this feature? In some books it is by default available(I assume the source was good).
2. I find the maps or images too small to read in Kindle PW. Enlarging makes it distorted. Is it possible to make the pictures bigger(while converting) without distorting it?
3. I find this "Time left" feature in Kindle PW particularly good. However, in some books the chapter-wise setting is not enabled. It displays only "Time left in the book". In others it works perfectly. If my question 1 is answered, will that solve this problem too or do I need to do something else?
4. Also there is X-ray feature. For manually loaded books, this feature is not enabled. Can calibre enable this feature?

Kindly answer to my questions. Awaiting your reply. Thanks.
happy_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. THat would imply the book you are converting has no metadata toc. Add a metadata toc and then convert

2. The Kindle always displays image fit to screen

3. Same as 1

4. No

You need to fix your source file, calibre is not a book editing tool, it will convert what is present in the source to the output. Use something like Sigil to fix you source epub before converting.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
happy_123
happy_123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for your quick reply. I shall try them and revert.
happy_123 is offline   Reply With Quote