Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #46
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Week 10 and the last week of this promo, was supposed to start yesterday; but it's down. Hopefully the glitch will resolved soon. Stay tuned.
I was actually glad for the delay, as I hadn't gotten around to downloading last week's and suddenly remembered it was Thursday! The YA audiobook is one my nephew will enjoy, so whew!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Update

Quote:
Our apologies! This week’s titles seem to have heard the ‘call of the wild’ and gone running off to parts unknown. Our host is working to recapture and relaunch this week’s downloads of: The Whale Rider and The Call of the Wild.

As soon as the issue is fixed, we will announce the titles via text and email. Know that when the titles launch, we will have them available for a full 7 days. Stand by!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #48
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The final week's selection is now ready to download.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #49
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Happy Days they're finally out http://www.audiobooksync.com/free-sy...ree-downloads/ Sadly however that's the last of them for this year but I got some good titles from them so I'm happy, that and it's friday here
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #50
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
So, today I "finished" The Eleventh Plague. Except it would appear that I didn't get the entire file when I downloaded it from Sync. It stopped right in the middle of a sentence.

According to Audible, the book is 7hr, 3min. The file I got from Sync clocks in at 6hr 40min. Can someone who downloaded the book let me know how long the book is that they received? I'm contemplating asking Sync if they would resend the file, but I'm not very hopeful. Unfortunately, none of the overdrive libraries I use has the book, either as an audiobook or an ebook.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #51
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
So, today I "finished" The Eleventh Plague. Except it would appear that I didn't get the entire file when I downloaded it from Sync. It stopped right in the middle of a sentence.

According to Audible, the book is 7hr, 3min. The file I got from Sync clocks in at 6hr 40min. Can someone who downloaded the book let me know how long the book is that they received? I'm contemplating asking Sync if they would resend the file, but I'm not very hopeful. Unfortunately, none of the overdrive libraries I use has the book, either as an audiobook or an ebook.
My copy from Sync shows as 6:58:51 total in the OverDrive software (the stuff Audible adds at the beginning & end of a part might make up the 4/5 min difference). It's 6 MP3 files total.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

6:58:51 - the same length OverDrive lists it at.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #53
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Phooey. I compiled the MP3s into a single file, and I must have missed the last section when putting them together.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #54
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:

I'm not sure how you managed to only miss 20 minutes since it came in 6 parts that were all about an hour. The last section is 1:14:26.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #55
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I'm not sure how you managed to only miss 20 minutes since it came in 6 parts that were all about an hour. The last section is 1:14:26.
Who knows. Maybe the software I used to combine the files crashed and I didn't notice. Alas, I deleted the original Overdrive download once I created the new file. I won't make that mistake again.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #56
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
I'm far from an expert on Overdrive process, but...
By any chance did you start the Sync download process by downloading an .odm file? I think you have the option of saving the odm file to start the download process later, or selecting "open with Overdrive Media Console" or something similar. If you saved the .odm file (basically a key), you might be able to re-download from that file.
..or I might be wrong....
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #57
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
If you saved the .odm file (basically a key), you might be able to re-download from that file.
Trashed many, many months ago.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #58
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
.odm files usually expire. I have had OverDrive library downloads where the download has, for whatever reason, only downloaded part of a file. I've been able in those cases to redownload the file and get the whole file the second time. For one of the Sync titles, I don't know if you can do that or not.
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #59
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Who knows. Maybe the software I used to combine the files crashed and I didn't notice. Alas, I deleted the original Overdrive download once I created the new file. I won't make that mistake again.
What's the last chapter you have?

Did you delete it from Overdrive Console or just the hard drive?

You may be able to re-download in the console, if there are parts missing....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #60
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
What's the last chapter you have?

Did you delete it from Overdrive Console or just the hard drive?
Last Chapter? I don't recall. I'd have to re-listen to a portion of it and wait for the narrator to say....

I deleted the original files from Overdrive and my hard drive back in July.

Tags
audiobook