Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Nookcolor wallpaper

for those people who wish to have their nookcolors reflect their personality more. I have found three web sites with wallpaper.

There will be more out there, so if you know of any please post so we can share :-)

first is
http://nookcolorwallpapers.com/index.php

This site has some nice wallpaper, only problem is the size of the image, ...it won't scroll

the next is a site for the Galaxy Tab,

http://galaxytabwallpapers.net/original-galaxy-tab/

it has less images to choose from but the size of these wallpapers allow it to scroll when you change screens 1024/600

Third is
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...oads/date/any/

when you select a wallpaper I think the "netbook 1024/600" size is best

I hope these will help a few people

now I will just sit back and wait for the kindle fan boys to say the Kindle has better wallpaper

Last edited by iandix; 02-06-2011 at 11:32 AM.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

If you want the NC wallpaper to scroll across three screens, then make it 1800px wide by 1024px high. Basically you are creating three 600w x 1024h wallpapers in one image.

I find that sites like interfacelift.com have a lot of HD sized wallpaper (1920px x 1080x) which can easily be altered by many imaging software apps to 1800px x 1024px. You only need to slightly reduce and trim HD wallpaper to make it a perfect fit and scrollable on the NC.

Whether you want the wallpapers to scroll or not, just remember that the NC is considered a portrait view device (600 x 1024) whereas a netbook with similar screen size is considered a landscape view device (1024 x 600), so the netbook wallpapers will be sized for a screen that is assumed to be rotated 90 degrees from the NC. Yes you can view the NC in landscape, but a single wallpaper for it will need to be 600 x 1024 rather than vice versa. If you don't mind having a landscaped wallpaper, then you can take one designed for a netbook (1024 x 600) and use image software to rotate the image 90 degrees counter-clockwise to 600 x 1024. Windows picture previewer can even do this and it is built in, I'm not familiar with MACs but I suspect they come with software that can also do this.

Here are three examples of image orientation for single-screen wallpapers, and one example of a scrollable (1800 x 1024) nookcolor wallpaper:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USCG-helos-landscape-netbook.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	66202   Click image for larger version

Name:	USCG-helos-landscape-NC.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	66203   Click image for larger version

Name:	USCG-helos-portrait-NC.jpg
Views:	1211
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	66204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vancouver-Dusk-widescreen.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	66205  

Last edited by jswinden; 02-06-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
iandix, the interlift website is wonderful. It has some gorgeous photos.

Great suggestions, Jack! I have been saving my wallpapers as landscapes larger than 600 also because I think it's neat how you can scroll the image across all 3 screens.

Mac OS X includes an application called "Preview" which you can use to quickly rotate images, resize them, change file formats, etc. There is also iPhoto which is best described as iTunes for images.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
I really like Interlift. It also led me to the guy who does some of my favorites there. He has his own site too where you can download his wallpapers:
http://www.vladstudio.com/home/
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
magnumt
Literary Maestro
magnumt began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry, Nook Color
The interface website option for wallpapers has been posted here before, and I agree it's amazing.

But the best option size for the Nook Color on interface is 1024x1024 (iPad size). If the wallpaper you want doesn't have that dimension, the go 1280 or 1600.

--Mags
magnumt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
magnumt
Literary Maestro
magnumt began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry, Nook Color
Smile

The interface website option for wallpapers has been posted here before, and I agree it's amazing.

But the best option size for the Nook Color on interface is 1024x1024 (iPad size). If the wallpaper you want doesn't have that dimension, the go 1280 or 1600.

--Mags
magnumt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumt View Post
...But the best option size for the Nook Color on interface is 1024x1024 (iPad size). If the wallpaper you want doesn't have that dimension, the go 1280 or 1600.
Did you drink a bit too much for the Super Bowl? First the iPad is not 1024 x 1024, nor can I see any advantage to using a SQUARE image. And using 1280 x 1600 is even dumber!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post

now I will just sit back and wait for the kindle fan boys to say the Kindle has better wallpaper
Oooh, I am a kindle fan girl and anyone who says the kindle has better wallpaper deserves to be stoned.

These are gorgeous, many thanks!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
This wallpaper process is perplexing! I've tried just now 600w x 1024h for a single panel on my Nook Color and when I go to set it as my wallpaper, it looks fine until that cropping box comes up {which you cannot avoid}. Then when I touch save, it always enlarges my photo and hence ruining the whole background perspective.

I've spent all day on this off and on. My picture is a .png. 600w x 1024h , 192 dpi.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
@Themus If you have placed the image in the folder wallpaper, just go to "settings" "Home" "set Wallpaper" and in the set of images that come with the NC, scroll down and the images should be there just select it. There should be no reason to go into the photo gallery section that has that chopping box thing
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
I am almost having a shouting spell!. Thanks a lot! I should have known that, but I like doing things the hard way I reckon. Looks good now.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
That was a great tip iandix. Kudos gracias.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote