Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
FBReader 0.8.2b for the iLiad released

I'm releasing 0.8.2b as an Ipkg package as defined here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10585

Let me know how the install goes. Everything should be very simple now that there is one version for all memory cards.

Changes since last iLiad release (0.8.1d)

Quote:
Version 0.8.2b is released (April 29, 2007).
Changes:

* In chm reader, images support has been improved.
* In chm reader, lists support has been improved.
* Scrolling to end of text has been fixed.
* In unix versions, bug with filenames including '...' has been fixed.

Version 0.8.2a is released (April 17, 2007).
Changes:

* Fixed crash after removing last book from the library tree.
* In all desktop versions, FBReader keeps fullscreen state between sessions.

Version 0.8.2 is released (April 13, 2007).
Changes:

* Tooltips for toolbar buttons were added in desktop versions.
* 'Apply' button has been added in preferences dialog in desktop versions.
* CHM support improvements.
* Minor fixes.
You can download it here: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...readerinst.zip

Simply extract it to your memory card and run from the contentlister.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Great! Thanks for the great app Adam!
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

install worked fine for me, but FBReader still doesn't find .chm files on my CF card when /mnt/cf/ is used with search subdirectories
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I'm releasing 0.8.2b as an Ipkg package as defined here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10585

Let me know how the install goes. Everything should be very simple now that there is one version for all memory cards.

Changes since last iLiad release (0.8.1d)

You can download it here: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...readerinst.zip

Simply extract it to your memory card and run from the contentlister.

Should I remove the lib directory again from the filesystem (from the last install)?
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
Should I remove the lib directory again from the filesystem (from the last install)?
I reccomend deleting the old fbreader entirely to avoid confusion. This will install to _local/ and Programs/ on your memory card. You can move Programs and any folders inside of it to wherever you like.

The only time the installer may have a problem is if xournal is installed. I haven't gotten ipkg to play nicely with the _local/lib directory. It will stop if it finds duplicate libs. You can solve this by adding "-force-overwrite" (no quotes) after ipkg in the run.sh.
Advert
Old 05-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
digman
digman began at the beginning.

Device: teo680/EenQ50/starEbook/iliad
I really love the software. It's great! would you mind to put GBK font into your program and support chinses?
digman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

To be honest, I don't know much about fonts or documents in any language but english. Can you post a sample document for me to test with? Maybe also a screenshot of how it's supposed to look?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #8
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop
install worked fine for me, but FBReader still doesn't find .chm files on my CF card when /mnt/cf/ is used with search subdirectories
You might want to try /media/cf/
That worked for me in a previous version...
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #9
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

That didn't make any difference, but I've figured how to add them manually. Thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay
You might want to try /media/cf/
That worked for me in a previous version...
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #10
digman

thanks for your reply.

this is a chinese sample, a plucker file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chinese.JPG
Views:	660
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	3373   Click image for larger version

Name:	chinese2.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	3374  
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.txt.zip (273.9 KB, 551 views)
Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #11
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I am trying to load a book in pdb format. I put it on my CF card but when I try to add it to the library, FBReader doesn't list it. However, it lists an html file that is in the same directory (/media/cf or /mnt/cf) alongside the directories
Programs and _local. I'm sure the file is there because even the ILiad sees it (but can't open it, of course). Any idea what I should do? Thanks!

P.S.

Please forget about this. I tried with another file and it worked. Great job!

Last edited by bedwere; 05-01-2007 at 08:09 PM.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
digman

the chinses GBK font is the most important thing.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by digman
this is a chinese sample, a plucker file.
On my PepperPad (Desktop Linux version of FBReader) I can select the GBK character set, but initially all I got when displaying this file is code boxes for most of the characters. However, when I changed the font to Arial Unicode (tool icon, styles tab) I got what appear to be the correct characters. This is the only font on the PP3 that works. Under Windows, most fonts work but it is not clear that the font is changing in every case (i.e. there may be a default font for missing characters). In any case, if GBK is a selectable option then try all the fonts. If they all fail, then the iLiad needs a Unicode font.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #14
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere
I am trying to load a book in pdb format. I put it on my CF card but when I try to add it to the library, FBReader doesn't list it. However, it lists an html file that is in the same directory
Not all .pdb files are e-books, and not all e-book pdb files are readable with FBReader. The Linux file command will tell you what kind of pdb file you have.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #15
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop
FBReader still doesn't find .chm files on my CF card when /mnt/cf/ is used with search subdirectories
FBReader only automatically adds FB2, OEB amd OpenReader files to its library (because these always have enough metadata to catalog them). All the rest have to be added manually.