Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
domromer
Enthusiast
domromer began at the beginning.

Device: Something that works well with libraries.
Frozen kobo!

Last night I'm reading a book and my kobo froze on a page. I tried depressing the back reset button for 15-30 seconds and nothing happens. Is there anything else i should be doing?
domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by domromer View Post
Last night I'm reading a book and my kobo froze on a page. I tried depressing the back reset button for 15-30 seconds and nothing happens. Is there anything else i should be doing?
I suppose original reader? Could you put it to charge and see what
happens?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
domromer
Enthusiast

Actually I can't charge it. The Usb that it came with it doesn't fit. I've been running on the original factory charge until I can drive down to PHX to return it.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Good chance is you are out of power.
The usb adapter seems like small adapters I saw regularly
in stores. Take a reader to one and ask salesman to find
correct for you.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
domromer
Enthusiast

Found another plug that would work...still dead as a door nail. I hope Borders will let me return it. I only bought it last Wednesday.
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
They will. Bring the box and receipt and tell them the problem, including the defective USB cord. They will get a replacement for you.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
You might need to leave it charging for a few hours. Also, have you tried using a paper clip in the reset hole on the back of the Kobo?
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Definitely sounds like a power issue. Any standard Mini USB cable should fit.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote