Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
ddorang
ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook hd
Does kobo have function like "send to kindle"?

I'm considering to buy either kindle pw or kobo glo for my first e-book device. Because of the memory capacity and some other nice features, now I'm leaning to get kobo glo.

However there's only one thing makes me hesitating. That's the Kindle's 'send to kindle' function whic seems so attractive and convenient.

I wonder if the Kobo glo has similar function or is there possibility of something like firmware update or hacking that would make it possible.
ddorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well if you check this sub forum, you will see some hacks people have done; such as using Google Drive as a means of moving books to the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #3
ddorang
ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ddorang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Ok, I've read that article. It's very nice to know it. I think with that hack, if there's some chrom extension program like "send to google drive" it would be perfect to use.

Actually I found the similar program which sends the captured file of webpage as png format. and another program which converts webpage to epub format.

Thus it would be great if it's possible to mix two programs appropriately so that all the process can be done by one click just like 'send to kindle'.

Last edited by ddorang; 04-01-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
edralzar
edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo
hello,
I'm beginning to put together a service similar to "send to kindle" (basically you would have an email associated to your account, send epubs to that email and they're saved for x days, and you'd have a client on your kobo that would retrieve said docs on wifi connection).
I've no ETA yet though, this is just a side project of mine and I don't have tons of time to devote to it
edralzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
ddorang

That's great news to me
I'll be waiting for your posting and just will be grateful when you do that,
but please don't put a burden on you.

Last edited by ddorang; 04-09-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddorang View Post
Thus it would be great if it's possible to mix two programs appropriately so that all the process can be done by one click just like 'send to kindle'.
I use Iceweasel (Firefox on Debian) and GrabMyBooks, saving the generated EPUB files to the sync'ed Dropbox directory "readStack". Then, I just download the wanted EPUB eBooks on my Kobo Glo using the browser.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote