Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Wait, I thought Nate was a fictional member. You mean he's not?!

Hang on a mo, I thought we were ALL fictional members ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #17
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Me? Have you already forgotten me? Do you not remember our last night in Lisbon (or was it Poughkeepsie), our sad sweet parting, that final kiss, the trace of your blue lipstick on my collar....
Hang on just a dang minute here. I want to hear more of this story. Go on, tell us Lady Blue. I mean, you're the Forum Software Come-To-Life, right? So tell us how you had a fling with the (supposed MR member) Master Wood, won't you? And we want details. All the juicy details, please.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #18
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Hang on just a dang minute here. I want to hear more of this story. Go on, tell us Lady Blue. I mean, you're the Forum Software Come-To-Life, right? So tell us how you had a fling with the (supposed MR member) Master Wood, won't you? And we want details. All the juicy details, please.
Yes, a steamy romance novel will do. Just post it in all formats please, and possibly in several languages.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I was trying to explain the joke I played on you today. And then I had to explain why MR has fictional members (which is generally when people try to put a large piece of furniture between me and them).
that's hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
When did the squid first appear on MR and who started it?
The squid originally had a cameo appearance in one of the harv and vera sagas written by pshrynk. it was sent in by nekokami, possibly inspired by the squid-meme propagated by cthulhu (who is probably also fictional ), as demonstrated in this thread. it has since taken on a life of its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Oh wait, those are fictional characters? And here I was, having conversations with them...
that just proves you're a true llounge llama now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
All of you puny mortals are fictional from my

immortal and omniscient perspective.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #21
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

quack !
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
quack !

Quack indeed, valet.

Bring me a glass of cold chocolate milk. Fortified with

calcium and vitamin D to build strong bones for striding

across nations, wreaking havoc in my wake, glorying in

the prayers of the doomed as I crush them with my

dainty and mighty flipflops.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
GeoffC

you're so welcome your omnipitence
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #24
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I am, but regrettably it doesn't seem to be contagious...
It is, but the contagion vector is not air, or water or even physical contact but forum messages. And it appears that many people have no natural resistance.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
That is a very good question. You are not the first one to ask that question. Many have asked it before. Many have also asked if Marc is real (or Marcus Aurelius). Some even wonder if Steve Jordan is simply the pen name of an alien from planet Zog or perhaps a very advanced book writing AI. So you see VR, you are not alone in questioning if Nate is real. So let's get to the real Nate of the problem.
I thought I'd agreed that Steve Jordan was actually pshrynk's spousal unit (mk III)'s cover identity to check up on his on-line behaviour. (Presumably an actor is hired to provide photos and the occasional mis-direction at meet-ups. That or we are all part of the pshrynk monitoring cover story, and as such delusions of the person who has created the Steve Jordan front.

Quote:
As for Marc, well Adrian says he's real and has something to do with a parking meter. What more proof would you need?
Parking meters need continual feeding with money, right? Sounds more like pshrynk to me.

Anyhow, we all know that ZCDs are created by Marc, that ZCDs could not have happened to have happened by happenstance, and so they must have a creator, who we shall call Marc (as it requires less typing than Adrian, and I shudder to think what an Adrian developed drink would be like), which means Marc must exist. Quid Erat Bibendum.

Quote:
Hang on a mo, I thought we were ALL fictional members ....
I'm sure we are, but are also all figments of each others' imagination, running as a cross-hosted meme delusion -- kinda of like a looping virtual machine running on an imaginary computer (known, simply, as "i") which is actually the root of a slight overspend at a ZCD dispensing establishment. Well, either that or we are the product of a duotheism, and our continued existance is at the sufferance of these two -- hence the on-going essential praises and homages to the Hugo and the Lefty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Yes, a steamy romance novel will do. Just post it in all formats please, and possibly in several languages.
If find the steam really mucks up the Cybook. Could we have a romance novel with a bit of electricity instead?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #25
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Searched through all the posts by Marc for the word Adrian. Here are the first 3 posts:

1st occurrence
2nd occurrence
3rd occurrence
etc...
Whoa! Adrian appeared the SAME WEEK as mee! I'm Adrian?

Oh crap! That's going to make explaining my drinking binges with Marc hard to explain...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!

Although it has taken on a life of its own, originally Psockpuppet was fictional. Now it's real, with karma and everything.

And don't forget the squirrels.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #27
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Might I suggest, from past experience, that you either provide her worshipfullness with the requesting drink, or retire to a flip-flop proof nuclear bunker and await the all clear sign?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #28
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
I'm real! I have my own cubicle into which I am chained every morning and from which i am released bbriefly every evening to attend to essential functions. Like dringking tequila and taking LSD. Then I go back and ghost write Harv and Vera Sagas for pshrynk. And he charges me to use the copyright.
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #29
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:

Yes, an omni pittence is what your salary shall be.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #30
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Yes, an omni pittence is what your salary shall be.

I'm truely grateful for all I receive ....

Tags
adrian, biggles, fictional characters, hugo and lefty, laddy at the door, llama llove, llounge llamas, origins, pirate ninja squirrels, psockpuppet, red, snacker of nations, squirrels, the squid, unutterable silliness, zany carter deluxe, zcd