Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #46
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Keeping up... oh yes, I was discussing an adjuvant with my neurologist just the other day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adjuvant.gif
Views:	371
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	12716  
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #47
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
"The" defenestration was probably the funniest thing my class learned in high school history. I've never forgotten that story - even though I've forgotten most of my classmates and the teacher's name.

My personal favorite words are common: Eleven and Twelve (not 11 & 12)

Nothing else in the language, IMHO, expresses so few words and math expressions at the same time.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #48
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've been reading the Horatio Hornblower series off and on (have to read them on paper so ...).

I've learned a large number of terms that we use commonly in English have strong nautical roots. Just as one example: I had no idea what a scuttlebutt actually was -- imagine my surprise when I found out it was actually a CENSORED!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #49
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I guess the modern place to get the scuttlebutt is at the modern version of the scuttlebutt, leading one to assume that is how the phrase got coined. Except that the modern office no longer has a modern version of the scuttlebutt all that often. Except in commercials.

It's amazing how far afield I am willing to go to not get censored by the robot.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #50
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It got a little dodgy for the squirrels, one would assume.
They have their own blog Gray and Red, A squirrel Journal.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #51
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Anyone here suffer from Koro?

mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #52
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you seen my avatar?? I mean, there's a reason Marvin is sooo depressed.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #53
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Poooooor Marvin. Huggggs anyway. Make sure you only defenestrate those dictionaries, and not thy-self.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #54
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Part of the problem is that nothing depends on Marvin. [What, too subtle? Nah, they'll get it.]
Old 05-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #55
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, but don't you remember the Dear Abby finding that women are just as pleased to "just cuddle" ? But perhaps Marvin himself isn't pleased.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 05-09-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #56
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Part of the problem is that nothing depends on Marvin. [What, too subtle? Nah, they'll get it.]
Depends on Marvin? What, he's incontinent? No wonder he's such a wet blanket.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #57
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
blanket ... wet ... towel ... sucking on a corner of the towel ... nutrients ... blergh!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #58
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Depends on Marvin? What, he's incontinent? No wonder he's such a wet blanket.
You didn't scroll back far enough...

HarryT was all Latin on us, and I was like knowing Latin can confuse sometimes, like knowing "depends" means "to hang down from", and then referred to how that made "Depends" such an awful name for adult diapers, then mores was "Koro?" and that brought it full circle. Sheesh, MR needs to hire you an assistant who can give you daily summaries of all the [U.S.] threads.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #59
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Have all ways like the word defenestrate, being of Czech descent (ha ha), and learning that my people dealt with those who ate their egg from the wrong side.

In keeping with the thread, I finally learned what "plasma" means beyond the medical profession, and that one day I could have plasma windows.

@ Taylor: Are you implying that my Austrian friend and I are too free & easy with the results of our erudition?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #60
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Are you implying that my Austrian friend and I are too free & easy with the results of our erudition?
By no means, to my mind anyway. I have a button that says "Intelligence is the ultimate aphrodisiac". Course I also have one that says "2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2".

Tags
hugo and lefty, words