Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Mau-mauing the flak catchers" (Tom Wolfe)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So, planethead --- are you goin through ORD this time???
Obsessive Repulsive Disorder?

Cheers,
Marc
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm a fan of the letter "z" as well. must be my slavic ancestry.
I have always liked the word "zarf" (a metallic coffee cup holder)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I keep having to look up 'Syzygy' because it has so many meanings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syzygy

Isn't it a pretty word? I believe that it and 'rhythm' are the longest English words without vowels. And I like z's.
I thought syzygy was about beer making.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #20
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I first found "defenestrate" in a poem, and was shocked. How could I not know this word?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #21
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry. That's Zymurgy.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #22
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I first found "defenestrate" in a poem, and was shocked. How could I not know this word?
Defenestrate: CENSORED

What sort of poetry are you reading, Bruce?

Last edited by pshrynk; 05-09-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i thought we said no definitions ?

i like the word defenestrate because it exists in french and english in almost the same forme, and because it illustrates the use of the circonflex (vestigial s).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #24
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

pshrynk, edit your post this instant! No definitions is the rule. Don't make me bring out Little Brother, or even worse, sic Zelda and her deadly titanium-tipped pinwheels on you.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-09-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #25
pshrynk

I find it amusing that defenestration is first defined as a political tactic.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #26
pshrynk

Fixed it. Although, the titanium tipped pinwheels bit does sound moderately arousing...
Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #27
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Freudian katzenjammer, indeed.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #28
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Freudian katzenjammer, indeed.
I stopped being a Freudian when the insurance companies stopped paying for it!

Katzenjammer, OTOH, is apt.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #29
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

I have one of my own, though it makes no sense.

Whenever I heard a certain phrase, either in reference or in song (16 of them, apparently going to the beach), I always heard it incorrectly in my head as...

"vestigial virgin"

(even though the meter was right off in the song)

Just what is a vestigial virgin? (Purely a rhetorical question, not to be answered less the act of defining raise the ire of the Advertently Violent Adrian)

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #30
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

They don't exist, as any native New Yorker can tell you, Patience and Fortitude never yet having been heard to roar. No, I am not explaining this post. Do the work.

Vestal Virgins

Tags
hugo and lefty, words