Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Pretty much the same opinion here. I liked all the investigations on what made those people turn into vampires, but the last third of the book really dragged on. Considering The Fall is supposed to be about more fighting against the vampires, and this is pretty much the part I didn't care for much in The Strain, not sure I'll buy it (okay, yes I will... but not right now ).
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #17
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Thumbs up

For those of you that liked the first books... I just finished the last one Night Eternal. I think it was the best one in the series. I can see how some people will get hung up on the coincidences (see: Deus ex Machina), but if you suspend your disbelief (it is an apocalyptic vampire book after all!), it is a great end to the story IMO.
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #18
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickering View Post
For those of you that liked the first books... I just finished the last one Night Eternal. I think it was the best one in the series. I can see how some people will get hung up on the coincidences (see: Deus ex Machina), but if you suspend your disbelief (it is an apocalyptic vampire book after all!), it is a great end to the story IMO.
Thank you for the reminder. I greatly enjoyed the first two books and now just went and placed a reservation for this third one at my library.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #19
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
I have been reading this trilogy lately. It's not perfect, but it is quite good with some very interesting themes throughout.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #20
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
I thought they were okay. They get progressively worse though, The Night Eternal is pretty embarassing. Too much poorly written sword-fighting cobbled together with "miraculously" and "but somehow" and "suddenly".
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
horror, vampire, vampire books