Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
Hi!

I'm still trying to adapt to the new firmware - as fast as a turtle - I have a couple of questions about it.

1) When I plug it in to charge - the "Connected and Charging" screen, no battery icon appears. Is that normal?
I have only connected mine to my Mac. When I do so, the reader asks me if I want to connect or not. If I choose Cancel instead of Connect it shows the battery icon and charging status. If I choose Connect it does not.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #17
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
tshering, THANK YOU!!! I forwarded it to my husband - he's a computer guy - to ask him if he understands the steps (I admit that I am nervous with tech stuff, but I can bake you a mean loaf of bread, lol! ) He said he'll look into it on the weekend.

I really really REALLY appreciate the time it took you to write that, it's extremely helpful!
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
I have only connected mine to my Mac. When I do so, the reader asks me if I want to connect or not. If I choose Cancel instead of Connect it shows the battery icon and charging status. If I choose Connect it does not.
Yeah, that's what I got. So it's the firmware, not me (for once)
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
I can bake you a mean loaf of bread
Thanks for offering. Actually, I am feeling hungry right now.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote