Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Stylus recommendation for Onyx Boox i62HD

I use a stylus on my other touch based e-reader (Sony PRS-950SC) when I read to highlight specific passages and other information and to add notes. I also use the handwriting recognition feature on the Onyx Boox M92. This handwriting feature is also present on the i62HD. Neither of these features are very practical to use without a stylus.

I've tried the M92 stylus and the Sony's stylus with the i62HD and neither will work.

Has anyone else come across this problem and would have a recommendation on what kind of stylus to buy?
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
does using the two sticks you mention not work at all? even in menus etc? does notes or handwriting rec. work with just your finger?

not to put to fine a point on it () but it may be just too fine a point compared to finger width. you might just need something slightly thicker
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
I tried again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
does using the two sticks you mention not work at all? even in menus etc? does notes or handwriting rec. work with just your finger?

not to put to fine a point on it () but it may be just too fine a point compared to finger width. you might just need something slightly thicker
Based on your comments I tried the Sony PRS-950SC stylus and yes it did work or sort of. I tried menu items, highlighting and handwriting. The problem is the screen recognizes the stylus for a very short period of time so you get things like partial writing.

It appears to me that something in the software driver for the screen needs adjustment in order for a stylus to work and that a stylus is too thin compared to a finger.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote