Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Paula20
Paula20 began at the beginning.

Angry Problems with Diesel E books

I don't have any problems anymore they have all been solved.

Last edited by Paula20; 08-16-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: problem has been fixed
Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Paula, try contacting Scott of Diesel eBooks, he is a member in our forums: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=2743
Advert
Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
crobinson7
crobinson7 began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola Q
I am having the same problem with Diesel eBooks. It is by far the worst internet business that I have delt with to date.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
Paula20
Paula20 began at the beginning.

Thumbs up My diesel-ebook problem fixed

Thanks Alexander.
I managed to Find Scott's email address and he sorted it out for me straight away.

C. Robinson,

You may want to contact Scott from ebooks like Alexander suggested that i do. He was really nice and sorted out my problem for me straight away.

Regards,

Paula20
Old 02-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am happy this is resolved Scott is a long-time MobileRead member and highly respected here.
Advert
Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #6
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I think that Diesel ebooks are way overpriced compared to other ebook stores other than ereader. What is the benefit of buying from Diesel compared to another etailer?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
Diesel eBooks
Enthusiast
Diesel eBooks began at the beginning.

Da_jane,

good question... and one that we try to ask ourself regularly. Here's the top four reasons:

Selection
We keep a massive inventory.

Categories
Over 40 categories and 600 sub-categories means you'll find it faster. For instance, you like romance right (I dig your site btw)? Why wade through all of Romance, when you can shoot straight to Chick Lit? We're the only store, I think, that actually has a "chick lit" section. Also, the only one that breaks down each Harlequins by category (ie: Silhouette, Blaze, etc....)

Price
You get our best price up front without having to join special clubs or mailing lists. Plus, on each purchase you automatically earn reward money for even deeper savings on your next visit.

Speed
From the Start, Diesel eBooks was built for speed. We pay close attention to site performance, easy checkout, and simple navigation so you can get in and out when necessary. We respect the fact you are puchasing a digital book is a statement itself on the value of your time.

That being said. We know there's always room for improvement so let me know if you have any ideas.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
4700fan
4700fan began at the beginning.

Device: HP 4700
Hello,

I wish that I can get some help from this forum abou the following:

After I purchased an ebook from Diesel eBooks and before I can download the ebook, the web site requested me to type in my contact phone book for immedate approval via an automated telephone call. I tried hunderd times to type in but nothing happen in my phone.

I am in Hong Kong and have tried the following strings "011 + 852 + 9x50xxxx", "011+852+9x50xxxx", "852+9x50xxxx" and "852 + 9x50xxxx".

Is there anyone success to get the immediate approval and please tell me what wrong with the above steps.

I also email Scott of Diesel eBooks but no reply so far.

Thank you for any advice / help

Philip
Old 05-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
4700fan
4700fan began at the beginning.

Device: HP 4700
It was resolved by Scott and I got my ebook copy.

Thank you.

Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4700fan
Hello,

I wish that I can get some help from this forum abou the following:

After I purchased an ebook from Diesel eBooks and before I can download the ebook, the web site requested me to type in my contact phone book for immedate approval via an automated telephone call. I tried hunderd times to type in but nothing happen in my phone.

I am in Hong Kong and have tried the following strings "011 + 852 + 9x50xxxx", "011+852+9x50xxxx", "852+9x50xxxx" and "852 + 9x50xxxx".

Is there anyone success to get the immediate approval and please tell me what wrong with the above steps.

I also email Scott of Diesel eBooks but no reply so far.

Thank you for any advice / help

Philip
Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #10
suechef
suechef began at the beginning.

Device: don't have one
problem with Diesl online

So glad i found this site..........i just can not believe that Diesel books is so rude not to return many many emails regarding the problem downloads when it is them selves that ask you to contact them immediately with the problem... Why can these type of web sites not be red flagged some how to prevent the consumers from the hassle............
Old 06-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
Diesel eBooks
Enthusiast
Diesel eBooks began at the beginning.

Sue, We don't want an unhappy customer and I know you're frustrated. We have sent you several email messages responding to your ticket and have sent a personal message via this forum in hopes of solving what appears to be a configuration problem, but we haven't received a response? Are we in your spam file?

Regardless, if you don't receive your ebook, you will be refunded. Guaranteed.

Please send us a return message.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #12
suechef
suechef began at the beginning.

Device: don't have one
problem with my diesel book download

Well like magic i finally was able to download my book after many many emails .. checking the web site about 50 times,this kind of frustration i do not need so i will enjoy the two books that i purchased but will not set myself up for the hassle again.I was not the only one to have problems there were many, fix your web site or at the very least please answer the emails we send you at your request i might add.. Sue C.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #13
billcole
billcole began at the beginning.

Device: adobe
Who is Diesel and do they have the author's permission?

Who is Diesel and are they allowed to offer copyright material for a fee? Do the author's receive royalties?

An author.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They are an eBook seller. All perfectly "legit". Of course the authors get paid!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
Sammrod
Sammrod began at the beginning.

Device: 568973214
you have to email the owner for resolution? :-/ Sad....

What does this say about Diesel Ebooks when a
patron has to resolve to contacting the owner of Diesel Ebooks for
resolution.
BAD BAD BAD
here are some more horror stories all resulting in doing bussiness with
Diesel
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13961
Its been over a month and I still have no resolution.
here's a hint go with BOB you wont be dissapointed!
-=Sam
Closed Thread