Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
My Reading Website: Check it Out!

I have done a major update to my reading website. The website provides a convenient and fun interface for browsing the my library (over 200 completed books so far!) with capsule summaries, ratings and recommended tags for each book.

I set it up as a series of saved filters on my Delicious bookmarks so that everything will dynamically update---I don't have to update the webpage itself because all it's doing is linking back to the bookmarks. Whenever I add a new bookmark, it will automatically be included in the various sets it belongs to.

Some goodies you can click and view directly:

- All my Teleread articles
- All my Smashwords reviews
- Every book I have read (with summaries!) sorted by tag, source, rating etc.

And because each link takes you to a saved Delicious filter, you can sub-search once you get there. For example, if you click on 'free books' you will see a list in Delicious of all books with that tag. You can then use the tag set on the sidebar to narrow it to only mysteries, or only books rated '5' or only non-fiction etc.

For the public domain fans, I have also included two bonus features. Firstly, I have created a special collection of pub domain books which I feel are still fresh and fun for the modern reader. Also, I have compiled a list of every public domain book I could find in the '1001 Books/Kids Books You Must Read...' series. That is over 300 books!

So, if you are looking for book recommendations, or you are just curious about what other people read, or you want to choose your next book from a collection that has been vetted, tagged, organized and has summaries...bookmark my site and check back often! I am always reading new books and expect the collection to grow over time quite significantly.

Link again. Happy reading!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote